What brand of oil?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenny Guess

Reaction score
I seached before posting this but didn't find much but I wanted to see how many of you use Quicksilver 2 stroke oil in your Mercury motors. I was planning on using Pensoil or Castrol. Any reason I shouldn't? If so, why? Thanks, Kenny g.

Ditto with Jim. Your profile says new Tracker. New Merc.? My dealer said Merc will void any warrenty if you use oil other then what's "in the book."

Mercury and Quicksilver are one in the same. They are exactly the same oil, just in different colored bottles. The premium plus is a synthetic blend.

The manufacturer CANNOT void your warranty if you don't use their oil! You DO have to use the weight of oil that the manufacturer specifies, such as 10W30, etc. Of course if you have a four stroke motor and put two stroke oil in it.....you are on your own.

I personally use and highly recommend amsoil. It's by far the best oil. 100% synthetic, almost no smoke, lower engine temperature, much better protection. In my opinion, why would you want to use anything but the best? You can buy amsoil for about $20 a gallon plus reasonable s/h.

My two cents.

Either the manufacturers oil or Amsoil. Amsoil is the only "other than manufacturers" oil that I will put in my engine. Highly recommended if you want to get away from the OEM oil.

All the best,

Glenn

Actually Deweys.... that's one word, and one number. Two words would have been "Mobile One". You dang 4 stroke guys..... can't even count. :D:D:D

All the best,

Glenn

Back