What are these holes in my stern?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Ferendo

Reaction score
I recently bought a Pro17 Bass Tracker. There are holes in the stern that I haven't figured out yet. I know the bilge pump discharge hole and the drain hole but not the others. Hopefully this pic will help you to understand my question. Thanks in advance for answers. Expect more dumb new boat owner questions in the future.

98460947.jpg

#1 is clearly the bilge intake... it's where you store the propwash.

:D

Slim,

Do you just have too much time on your hands or are you just a wise a$$ by default?

Thanks

#1 looks like the overflow drain from the livewell

#2 looks like the livewell intake

#3 i have no clue, it looks like a braket of some sort but i cant tell from the angls of the picture.

Thanks Jim B,

#3 is a bracket. I'm thinking that maybe the transducer was mounted there at one time?

jim b is correct

1 is a livewell overflow/pumpout

2 is the livewell intake

same thing as my 06 190

Thats possible Steve, looking closer is almost looks like a speedo tube bracket.

SteveFinMd, lighten up.:D

You'll find that along with excellent advice on this site, you also get a helping of good natured ribbin' at no extra charge. Ain't no bashin' here.

BTW, welcome aboard.

BruceM

Steve - I'd bet Jim is 100% correct, that white bracket is the speedo pickup, go to bass pro or any other boating store, they are standard OEM products.

Back