Went to Walleye Central

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatrap

Reaction score
Went to Walleye Central and signed up this afternoon. To me they are a little tough on Tracker Products over there. Also they don't have much good to say about bass fishing. Might not be visiting them much. Just my imagination or do others here have that feeling.

fatrap

Yep they are nuts only like rangers and lunds.

bet none of them ever really owned a Tracker

I guess they like what they can afford...If your on lake Michigan you need big water boats...I like rangers...I may be nuts but i feel safer In my Ranger than I did In the Tracker I was In...Much better ride also.....JR:D

Hey I am a frequesnt contributor on WC (walleyecentral.com) and we have a few loyal Tracker Owners...

And, no, truth be known, we don't think much of bass fishing... real fish have teeth....LOL

WC is a great site, well run and full of information and knowledgeable contributors. A large number of the walleye pros frequent there and Walleyefirst.com

Hey!, that's my second home to the water! LOL They're hard on Tracker because you bass guys don't have to put up with the nightmares us big water walleye boat owners do. Tracker seems to take care of the Nitro line quite a bit better than their walleye boats. Different plants and plant managers who seem to run the show there.

That's my boat that the big discussion has been over. And a few others. :(

I'm always sticking up for my 4-lettered fisherman! BTW :wub:

I just figured they'd be a bit more gracious about bass fisherman. I understand the Tracker bashing, I lived with that a long time.

Greg

Is the site mostly about big water walleyes? Most of my walleye adventures are in S.D. on Lake Oahe is that considered big water? I fish it with a 17 foot Nitro NOT a big water boat.

Also my intentions toward walleyes is to eat them. Is that a no no too?

Lastly are Great Lake walleyes safe to eat. My one trip to Lake Erie had a disclaimer on the license about eating them.

fatrap

Mike ,,, my Motto is eat them all...Your gonna die from something anyhow....:D

Mike,

I think they were being a bit "tongue in cheek" about bass fishing... They have always been rough on Tracker.... and if you see some of the posts there... like Terroreyes and a few others it is scarey to hand over $30,000+ to them.... Wheteher deserved or not.... Tracker has a HORRIBLE customer service reputation among walleye tournament anglers.... As I said, whether deserved or not... And, I am amazed that they do not do more to improve on it... They have two excellent opportun ities in their ProStaff (Keith and Gary) and they are not utilizede because they stay 10000 miles away from any controversey. Jim Carrol has been there in the past and I wonder how it has affected his relationship with Tracker.... Because he has not been active on the WC board since his last foray into a Tracker issue that was posted there....

Oahe is a big lake .... but with so many tournaments taking place on Erie and Green Bay the emphasis has been on 20+' boats... I feel "small" in my 19'....

I am selective about eating walleye based on size.. I like the 14-17" fish to eat... the big ones .... just don't taste as good....

Yeah Jr. kind of my motto also.

Greg

I guess I just better lurk on W C for the time being. I doubt a novice walleye angler has much to offer in advice anyway. I would like to get a different boat big enough to handle most big water. The plan is to start visiting and fishing different waters after I retire. I fished Lake Erie once about ten years ago and just loved it.

I can get a Tracker at employee pricing but don't really want to go back to tin. I have until the youngest graduates from college before any of this happens so I have a few years.

On a funnier note. Kieth K.......es has been to our store twice. The first time he gut hooked a largemouth out of our big indoor tank. He's a super nice guy by the way.

fatrap

Back