Waypoint Marine, Austin Tx

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jody Woodruff

Reaction score
I took my 3 month old 929 out this morning to do a little fishing and had a little issue. Evidently when the wiring under my console was done the harness for the ignition was in a bind because when I crossed another boat's wake the bump caused my ignition to break! All the springs and internal parts were on the floor and there we sat dead in the water. I first called a buddy of mine fishing the same lake for a tow back to the ramp and then my dealer to ask if they would send a driver with a new igition to the ramp so we could make the repair and keep fishing. They not only sent a new ignition, they sent a mechanic to install it!! Now that is service!! I met the mechanic at the ramp and kept fishing while he fixed it, in fact my buddy caught one while he was under the dash!! All too often we hear of bad service so I wanted to give Waypoint a shout out for a job well done!!

That's WAY above and beyond. The warranty isn't "on-site". To drop what they were doing and send someone out to you is simply amazing. Every warranty issue I've ever called a dealer about was "bring it on in".

When my boat was new I had a few issues with it...

Bought it from Randy VanDam's (KVDs brother) dealership (D & R Sports - Kalamazoo).

He drove the 1 hour from K-zoo to my place to pick it up for service and then brought it back the next day...

GOTTA love a good dealer!

az

Andy, I may be at the same dealer this weekend to buy a Ranger, 650 miles each way, you think he will do the same for me LOL.

Just kidding, that's good to hear that D&R are good to deal with.

CJL

Back