Water tube good for snow tubing?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul P

Reaction score
Has anyone tried snow tubing with their water tube? Since you would need to hold onto the handles, you would have to keep the nylon jacket on the vynil tube itself and my guess is that the outer jacket would not work well for sliding on snow.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Paul

I don't think the tube would handle a rock or stump if that's what ya' wanna' know:)

I think the water tubes would be at least as tough as the ones which are sold for sledding but thats a good point.

I was concerned about how well the tube would slide with including the nylon jocket covering the vynil tube.

Thanks

Paul

I dunno...maybe strap one of those discs to the bottom if you can find one big enough:) Don't even know if they still sell them from all the people I remember gettin' hurt BUT, that would be cool if you could keep it together so it wouldn't hit ya'in the head and kill ya':)

I used to love to sled:)...Need to go sometime!

You could really get some height!!!!

i've been towing our tube behind a snowmobile in some fields near my house. lets just say "insane" fun. with the nylon cover the tubes don't slide very well.

tim n

I have both water and snow tubes. I thought the same thing a while back, but did not think it would slide with the cover on. Without the cover you have nothing to hold onto. Finally decided that I would rather pop(already hit a stick this year) the $15 snow tube(3 person) vs either my $150 or $300 water tubes. Still sounds like a good possible market niche though. My guess is if you molded in handles on a watertube like they are on my snow tube they would not be able to take the "pull" force required when you do a 360 in the boat.

Sounds like the $15 tube is the best way to go! Thanks everyone.

If you could figure out a way to put plastic along the bottom....

Back