water spots

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donn Norton2

Reaction score
I wipe my boat down everytime I pull it out of the water. But I still have some water spotting on the fiberglass. Any suggestions on how to get rid of them besides buffing. Thanks.

Have you tried Bass Boat Saver? That is the first thing I would try. If that doesn't work get some 3m Fiberglass Restorer and Wax (it is 1 product). It has some very light abrasive that should do the trick.

TOXIC

A 50/50 mix of vinegar and water mix in a spray bottle does a really good job on water spots too.

One lesson I learned on the A 50/50 mix of vinegar and water mix in a spray bottle, after you spray it you need to wipe it dry, first few times I wiped it with a damp shammy cloth, spots didn't go away, started using a old beach towel and wipe it dry, then throw the towel in the bleach wash at home, works great!

Bass Boat Saver. Or McGuires Flagship wax for those "impossible spots".

All the best,

Glenn

Basswest,

Definately Bass Boat Saver. Someone on this site recommended to my back in the winter and I've already gone through two bottles of it. I love it! Not only is it made for the fiberglass but can be used to wipe down seats, gauges, rubber, pretty much anything on the boat.

TN Cass

I use a 1 to 4 mixture of vinegar to water and use a cheap terry cloth towel and it works great. Cleans the gunk and does not leave spots. I wax/clean about twice a year and every time it comes back from the HOT side of Lake Anna......................LOL

BF

I'm a big advocate of the vinegar & water (1/3 vinegar, 2/3 water) - works great and costs about 25 cents to make ;-) Also REALLY good at cleaning the motor, and not just the cowling...

D

BBS is the whoop!!! Get it from KD Outdoors (Ken Neeley's store)...he sells it by the gallon!!;)

Takes me 5 minutes to hit it with this back at the house before I tuck her in. :D

Quick_Detailer.jpg

Back