Water & speedometer

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Wright

Reaction score
My Speedometer isnt working 2005 Tracker 185 90hp. I also have water leaking from my console. Could they be related? What should I do? Second time out and my feet got soaked.

Yes, the tube could be leaking behind the speedo. Saw this happen on my buddy's Triton at high speed--a ton of water which was quite unnerving until I learned what it was.

Yep. That is more than likely what it is. Check the hose for cracks or see if it came disconnected. When you push it back onto the fitting on the back of the speedo, put a zip tie around it on the connected part, and pull it tight. Then put a goop of silicone sealer all the way around it where it plugs in. That should cure it.

All the best,

Glenn

I had the same problem on my PT175. Turns out the leak was at the speedo fitting where the barbed fitting screwed into the back of the speedo housing. Some plumbers tape on the threads fixed the problem. Just to be safe, I also zip tied the hose itself to the barbed fitting.

Back