Water in bilge area?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Ceriale

Reaction score
Hello,

My name is Tony and i am new to the forum. Last June i purchased a 640LX Nitro w/ 50 hp Merc ... what a GREAT small boat... rides smooth and feels "bigger" than it is.

I do have a question, a few weeks ago i noticed about 2 inches of water in the bilge area AFTER i used the livewell recirculating switch. Before this, the bilge area used to be BONE DRY at the end of a day on the water! Is there a way to check the plumbing while it is on the trailer?

Could this be the plumbing for the livewell? I did fill the bilge area with water and the plug in and checked for 'leaks' and Nadda~

ANy help would....help...Thanks to all and I LOVE MY NITRO!!!!

Are you sure that its now water that washed over the transom as you slowed down and came off pad? Also, if you have a cooler that you had ice in, it may have drained into the bilge area after it melted. A couple inches of water in the bilge is nothing to be alarmed about....

You can drain your bilge dry, then fill your livewells with water from the hose and run all your pumps while its on the trailer.... that way, you will know if the plumbing system has a leak...

Hope this helps

Mike

Hey Mike,

thanks for the advise!, always weary on turning on pumps while the boat is NOT in water ... heard you can burn them out pretty quick when they are dry! but i will try that ~yeah i was thinking maybe the water washing over the motor could do that!so a little water below is ok? nothing to panic about? Just last year after a few launches the bilge area was the DRIEST i have ever had a boat be! it was a nice site!

Has this happened to you too>? ... i actually used the livewell a few times as a cooler (not a great spring fishing so far...)

Thanks again MIKE!

First time I tried to use my livewells on my 901 it seemed like it took a long time to fill. I checked them a little while later and they were half full, I just thought they were leaking out through the drain hole. I tried to fish a different spot an hour later and my 200 couldn't get my boat on plane:eek:.

I check the bilge area and I had a foot of water! Long story short, I had a cracked fitting and the livewell was leaking into the bilge. I would do what Mike suggested and fill the livewell at home. Chris F.

not me, but have witnessed, TWICE NOW, Mice chewing out livewell hoses. something to check

I have a situation if I leave the manual fill on and it overflows into the bilge area. I just have to watch the live wells to see they don't overflow.

Thanks all!!

great advice and some interesting stories... sorry to hear about the 200!! i wish my boat had some more speed! ok i will test out some water in the livewell and check for mice! that would be bad~ ...

Hey guys, what happened to all the COOL Nitro gear online?

Looks like they are getting rid of almost ALL of the clothes and there is NOTHING left in the Accessories!

DO you all know where to get some Nitro stuff? nothing at BPS and almost nothing online yet the catalogs shows the guys wearing cool hats, lifevests, etc..

Thanks and TIGHT LINES!

Back