water filter

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Butler

Reaction score
My dealer installed a water/separator filter on my 115 4 stroke Suzuki. I questioned the way he installed it. My understanding is the pumping fuel ball should be on the outward side of the filter between the filter and the motor. And a straight hose from fuel tank to inward side of filter. Granted you would have to fill filter with fuel to prime it. Dealer installed it just the opposite with fuel ball pump on inward side of filter between fuel tank and filter. He reasoning being you do not have to fill filter with fuel to prime it. My question is does it really matter which way it is installed or am I right in my thinking

You are correct, he installed it wrong. I don't quite understand what u mean about the priming though. When installed correctly and u squeeze your bulb to prime the motor, fuel will be drawn through the filter, filling that as well, if it doesn't have fuel in it already.

Thanks smitty for your reply. What is the down side of having it installed wrog can it do any damage?

It's easier to push fluid than to pull it with a primer bulb. The installation you described will fill your filter canister easier without the possibility of back-siphoning of air. It may not look like much, but your H20 filter dry is a heap of air in the system. The bulb on either side will work. (eventually after primed) It'll just work a lot easier by pushing the cansiter full than trying to draw into the can and then pushing into the fuel pump. ;)

Back