Verbal Agreement

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derek Chance

Reaction score
Have VERBALLY agreed to buy me a new to me Niro!! 02 901 w/ 200 efi. Motor is getting checked this week and I will pick her up on Saturday. Should be an awesome boat compared to my last one (92 Blazer).

I will need to buy a good cover for it, anybody know of the best cover for the $$ that is a good, trailerable cover? Also not wanting to spend buco $$$. thanks

DC

Check out the Bass Pro Shops "Exact Fit" Covers for Nitro boats. They're $280 for your boat and have a 7 yr. warranty. Hard to beat the price and warranty for an exact fit cover.

I had one of the ones mentioned from Bass Pro. They fit the model they are designed for very well. I trailered with mine all the time and kept my Nitro outside. They work great.

NoCAL

Confrats on the boat.

Personally i think you really get what you pay for when it comes to a cover. If you plan to store the boat outside spend the $$ to get a high quality cover. I had the exact fit nitro cover made by dowco for my 882 and i found it cheaply made and it was never truly water tight from day 1. After only a few years it really leaked badly(like gallons of water in the boat bad) and was pulling apart at the seams. I rarely trailered with that cover, mainly just used it in the yard and it was falling apart. It never saw a winter either since i have my boat wrapped every year. Im no tailor or even claim to know how to sew but i could tell just by looking at it closely how cheaply it was made. It wasnt reinforced in any stress areas(mine came apart at the joint they put right on the windshields) or where the straps go(two of mine pulled right off) and while it fit my boat ok little things like the staps being in two different locations on each side tell the story( on mine one landed behind the fender on one side of the trailer the other directly over it 4" off from the other side) on the quality. The warranty was not exactly great either IMHO. After two years they pro-rate it and they go off thier list price not what it sells ion the store for so for me after 4 years i would have had to pony up 70% of the list cost of the cover for a new one. Well that was more then i paid for it in the first place.

Last summer i spent the $$ and on Pat Goff and TritonGlenns recommendation bought a custom made cover from Aurora Canvas. It is made of a much heavier material then my old cover was and just by looking at how the reinforce the seams, the straps and lots of padding in stress areas i can tell its a much higher quality cover. It also fits my boat like a glove and unlike my other cover itdoes not leak a drop thru it. They also have a warranty that isnt pro-rated, i just dont remember how many years it is(10 i think but im not sure). I think i spent ~600 for the cover and it was totally worth it. No more wet boat, no more mold growing on my seats etc, money well spent in my opinion.

Back