Used Boat Purchase Question

• Thread starter Christopher Laurencio
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christopher Laurencio

Reaction score
I am very close to selling my PT 185 and buying a late model Glass Boat, I seen this Triton TR21 the other day. (Attached picture when Brand New). Seats stiching is bad, one scratch in gelcoat that goes deeper than sparckle/gelcoat and the SS prop is very rough to the touch kinda bent over at the edges like big burs on it. Is that normal for the Prop.

Boat is a 2000, Yamaha 225. $19.5k

What do you think

TR21.jpg

I would be careful in purchasing this boat. It sounds like the owner did not take care of it very well especially since it is only 5 years old. Not a bad price but what else didn't he do -- regular lower unit oit changes, spark plug changes, was it covered when left outside etc, etc.

Thanks, I kinda got the same feeling that he did not take care of it well, turned me off right away. Man I hate searching for a new boat :(

Why do want to go to the "darkside" anyway CJ? What's wrong or not right with your rig?

Even if the boat looked in "Mint" condition, still follow the steps that Pat outlined. Do it for ANY used boat, no exceptions.

TOCIC

Wow if scratches and dinged props is considered "not taking care of it".... I'm in trouble. I call that a used boat.

Dinged up edges props are pretty normal round here for 5 year old boat.

Mine's 4 years and not a scratch...then again I'm careful not to get the back of the boat close to the bank either:blink:

boat does sound alittle rough for aboat 5yrs old I have a 929 cdx dc with a 225 opti that is a 2000 and it is like new I`d sell for 20000 and throw in about 5000 worth of tackle

JD

Bought a 2004 929 with a 225 opti max for under 25000 in Feb this year...was like brand new.

Try finding a Team Boat....they are usually bargains!

RW

I dont have any picturs in my member file because Im new to this computer stuff but could e-mail some to you I would add that this is a MO state team boat and has most options

JD

I have stiching coming loose, and 'had' rough edges on my prop. However, I have a 1995 where I'm the 3rd owner. I got the prop cleaned up, and probably will have the stiching fixed.

However, I'm with Pat and the others. Do the checks. If you don't get satisfactory answers to your questions, run and hide.

Tex

Chris -

You come to Missouri to pick up that boat and I'll take you and JD out to dinner! You ever have a White Castle?!!? :lol: It used to be Leon Spinks' favorite fine dinery! :lol:

you people that don't like scratches on your boat obviously don't fish in Texas or other lakes with timeber and if you do fish those lakes and don't have a scratch then you don't catch many fish. I'd rather have a picture of a big ol' purdy fish then i would a big ol' purdy boat with no fish :D

White castle, I love them, but man, I drive to MO and your going to give me murder burgers?

LOL

Travis, I fish standing Timber all the time, point is if I'm going to have a boat with a gouge in it, I want to put it in the boat, I don't want to pay for one already there.

me I hope you got a lot of money cause I can eat a bunch of castles

:lol:JD

No..... I don't have a lot of money..... That's why I said White Castle! :lol:

But you know where I really like to eat? South City Diner! Best eggs benedict in town! :wub:

i may be wrong but i think another member of this site posted questions about this exact boat in the past evidently he didnt think it was a good deal?

me I dont like eggs benedict but there liver and onions always hits the spot:p

JD

CJL I forgot to tell you that on an optimax you can go to any merc service department and they can plug into the computer and give you the whole history of the moter

JD

JD -

You just hit my #2 favorite! The veggies they serve with the liver and onions are phenomenal! I could make a meal out of them alone!

OK, Chris..... Scratch White Castle..... I'll buy dinner for you and JD at the South City Diner!

That should seal the deal for you, JD!

me sounds good to me if we can talk Chris to come to the heartland

JD

Back