Trolling batteries

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Brone

Reaction score
What type of MCA (marine cranking amps)do some of you have for your trolling batteries?

My Interstate batteries have 650 CCA and 700 MCA.

What might I sacrifice by using Everstart with 675 MCA ?

Thanks

Take the time to read the glossary of battery information at the link below.

MCA (Marine Cranking Amps)is not real important on Deep Cycle Batteries. AH(Amp Hours) is the critical number. Mine are 55AH so if I am drawing 10 amps (depends on what speed I am using), I can run for 5.5 hours. If 30 amps then only about 2 hours.
http://www.windsun.com/Batteries/battery_Glos.htm

I run Trojan scs 225 group 31's in my boat. They are 130ah 225 min reserve. They are dependable and i cant kill them even on the windiest of days.

I have 2 big yeller ones from WalMart in my boat. Everstart Maxx 31's. No problems, great performance, great price.

I have just changed from 2 ea D34 Optimas in parallel on a 12 volt motor(110AH) to the same 2 Optimas in series for a 24V motor.(55AH)

I haven't been in the water yet so I can't comment on how much motor time I will get with this new setup. Obviously, the larger motor will have greater amp draw at top speed but probably lower amp draw at slow speed.

BTW Optima D34 Yellow top is the same as D34 Blue top except on the Yellow top you have to add the screw terminal adapters to have screw terminals.

Back