Trailer emergency jack

• Thread starter Greg J. [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~library/15483
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg J.

Reaction score
I saw this trailer jack advertised at the BPS site. Anyone ever used one of these? Doesn't look real stable to me.
trailer%20jack_thumb.jpg

I have actually used that jack and found it to be much quicker and easier than a bottle or floor jack. You just wedge it against the axle you wish to raise and pull forward until it catches and pops the tire off the ground. (The pic. doesn't show it well, but it has a flat spot that levels against the ground pretty well.) Then you can make your repair, put it in reverse, and toss it back into your tow box, and you're off! It's one of those, "Man, I wish I'd thought of that!" ideas. IMHO

I also have one, just like you i was not sure about it till i saw it in person. I have never used mine but just knowing i have it if needed is nice.

mike

Thanks for the info! Looks like I'll be busy at BPS this Saturday :)

I have one and have used it with no problems. the one I have is made of aluminum and is very stable.

I have not used them, but my trailer has a variation of these that is built in to the trailer. I just pull a pin, swing down the arm, set the height and back up.

I use my Chevy truck jack, works great. Never jack up trailer directly on the axle, it can bend. Seen it done several times. Jack up trailer under leaf spring mount.

Back