Trailer Bearings

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Nevill

Reaction score
OK, The good nes is I took Trepper out this morning and got him some fish. He caught three nice spots and got to feal fish again.

The bad news is I lost a wheel bearing on the way home. Could nave been worse, I decided to go in my neighborhood so I was able to make it home. Took the wheel off and nothing left except the inner races of the bearing on the spindle. So I need advice on were to get new bearings or hub assembly. On the spindle inner most OD is 1.625 and the outer most OD is 1.0625. I am running a Nitro 640LX and matching trailer that is stock.

Any help from you all.

Thanks,

Dan

Should be easy to get. Look on line for steps to do it. unless the spindle and/or hub were damaged, you should only have to replace the bearings and raceways oh and seals.

Northern Tool & Equipment. Bound to be one in Atlanta. You can get the whole hub for $25.00 or so, and it only takes about 10-15 minutes to change out. Just make sure to take an accurate measurement of your axle/spindle. BTW, I carry a spare 'hub assembly' with me while on the road. It comes all sealed in a plastic 'wrap', complete with grease. Try the link below.

Changed them out many times (unfortunately).

Tex
http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/...=1&D=bearings&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Dx=mod

HEY DAN THERE JUST PAST WHITEWATER HWY 41 SOUTH ON THE RIGHT (UP ON THE BANK)THEY USED TO BE ON THE LEFT BUT MOVED ACROSS THE STREET. YOU MAY ALREADY KNOW THIS.

You also can order thru Champion Trailer, the number is 1-800-229-6690. These folks know their stuff.

Thanks for the help. I will call Tracker with my vin number to conferm the bearing size. I think it is the 1 1/16 ID outside and 1 3/8 ID inside. I did measure a turnned surface that is 1 5/8 but I think that is not a bearing dia but just an turrned surface for the inside bearing inner race to back up too.

We will see. May just get the hub assembly. Hub inner race has some marks. The spindle has some but I can polish them with emory cloth.

Realy glad I made it home and the wheel did not fall off going down the road. That would have been bad.

Thanks again for the help.

Dan

OK, called Tracker Marine. Tried two stores and no help. My first time experiance with them. Called Northern tool and got the bearings assembly in stock. $29.99 each, BPS did call me back with a cost of $38.96 for just the real seal, rear bearing and front inner race. Wow are the crazy. Going to replace both, hopefully the one that is still on is not to bad, keep it as a spare that could just get me down the road if needed.

Thanks for all the help.

Dan

Back