trailer bearings problem

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Glover

Reaction score
Actually, I don't know if trailer wheel bearings are an "accessory" or not, but anyway, I'm gettting all kinds of confusion when I go to buy replacement bearing kits for my 1997 Tracker trailer for my 1997 PT 18. Somewhere along the way, I wrote down a kit # 81116, and the spec of 1 1/16th diameter and another part nr. , L44649. I'm not near a Tracker dealer, and when I go to Auto Zoone, etc, I get no comprehension of the kit number, and then questions about whether the bearings are tapered or not, and if the 1 1/16th diameter is the spindle or the seal lip. Is this some quirk thing that only Tracker can provide?

You should be able to get that kit at Wally World and it is 1 1/16th" spindle..

The L44649 is a standard Timken # but thats only on the bearing, you will also need the number off of the race and seal if you want autozone to find it for you. Kit number for them is going to be a TK-1, TK-2, or TK-3 those are the standards and the package should have the spindle dia marked?

Good Luck

BF

WalMart here just have any kits except a 1", and only one of them. I have the Race/Cup # of L4610, so from what your said, Bruce, that is probably a Timken number too. The seal lip ID is 1 1/4", but no number. Where did that kit number of 81116 come from? I just didn't make a note of where I got it.

Thanks for the replys.

Jack

I finally just pulled one set out...glad I did. First of all, the previous owner was using lithium grease. not marine bearing grease, and second, I checked the exact size and both bearings are 1 and 1/16th...called the part number on the side to local shop and new kits will be in tomorrow.

Thanks, everyone.

jag

Back