Tracker - Targa Performance

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas Transplant

Reaction score
I've got a 2000 Model, Targa 18. You can take a look in my profile for pics. It's outfitted as follows:

Full walk thru windshield.

2 live wells, 2 baitwells.

90hp Mercury engine (carbs), with an alumimin prop.

Motorguide 52lb Thrust (long shaft) trolling motor.

One trolling battery, one main battery.

Galavinzed Tracker trailer, with the swing away tounge.

Fully welded aluminum hull. Solid!

I have just kept the standard warranties (1 yr, 1 yr, and 5yrs on the hull).

Added extras:

Custom cover (from Tracker).

Custom top (from Tracker).

Electronics:

Hummingbird Tracker Pro (console)

Garmin 160 (bow)

Used primarily for fishing in and around SC.

Maintenance costs: Minimal for me. I do standard wheel bearing and engine maintenance (oil, grease, etc.), and have had to do little or no repairs to either the boat or the motor. Had one electronics module go out on the motor at almost 2 years old.

General quality: Good to very good. Tightened several screws in and around the consoles. Had to re-lug one or two wires in the battery compartment.

Latent problems: Dealer did not do a good job of rigging the boat originally, especially in the area of ensuring that the livewells were all connected and working properly. I didn't identify the problem until after warranty. Will have BPS take care of it later this winter. Level of severity: nusiance.

Boat will top out at about 38 mph with just me, and the livewells empty. Full load, 2 people + tackle and livewells running, drops down to the 34-35 mph range (on GPS).

Handing: With the new prop I put on (tree took a bite!), it handles great. Just replaced it with a standard Merc prop. Get's up on plane very easily, and is a very dry ride. Consoles do get a little in the way while fishing, but I have learned to get around it. I make it work for me. Non-boaters that have fished with me all have made very positive comments.

Most annoying problem that has been fixed: Difficulty in getting the seats in and out of the receptacles. Solution: use a graphite lock solution (makes locks work well), on both the plastic inserts and the aluminum receivers. Makes it a piece of cake.

Had it 2 1/2 years now and really like it. Does get blown around the lake in a good wind, but again, it is a very dry and safe ride.

Tex

Thought I would add an update.

What I would change:

I'd get a little more powerful trolling motor, and make sure it had a night light. Would upgrade to a 125hp engine, with a SS prop.

Tex

Back