Toyota FJ Cruiser

• Thread starter Teri C. [URL]http://www.autointell.com/asian_compa
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just remember I work hard for money I stay with the best bang for my buck that will last the longest and have the highest quality .. ;)

From what I have read, they should start in the low-mid $20's. It's built on a modified 4Runner platform so I don't think it's as little as you are commenting on. The tow capacity will be 5000lbs so it can't be too little. I think it's a cross between a Jeep Rubicon and a Land Rover. It's modeled after the vintage Land Cruiser which looks sorta like a longer Jeep Wrangler to me.

5000lbs towing? That stinks, I looked at a Tundra a few years ago and the towing was 6500, my silverado is 9000, plus the Toyota guy told me he wouldn't tow 2500lbs with that truck for long ditances, so make sure you ask about that...........

Looks cool to me I have actually be following that concept truck for a couple of years now, it nice when you see a concept make production.. I remember back in 1988 a international newspaper had an article on the viper I thought it would never make production boy was I wrong.. :) MY Xterra tows 5000 and pulls my 165 just fine with 170hp. But I would have to agree with mike if you are pulling a glass boat you might want to check into it. But I bet thet are going to pair that with 245hp V6 then i would think you should be fine..

X

The initial specs say they are using a V6 4.0 liter with 245 horsepower and 282 lb-ft. of torque. That's more than some of the tow vehicles I used. Right now I have a Hemi and it sucks the gas big time! I get about 12 around town and no more than 16 on the interstate.

I like the retro looks but I will have to see what they do with the inside and what kind of mpg it gets.

Don't believe the MPG either, if you saw the abc news report the other week, they said the honda/toyota type vehicles were showing 50-60 on the MPG and the actual test came out 25............

Cass, you aren't thinking about another Nitro are you? Isn't one enough to learn your lesson. :lol:

What are you driving these days? Did you ever sell your Ranger? Should took my cash awhile back. :)

Xmytruck, they are comparing the Toyota model alot with the XTerra. I test drove an XTerra last year and if they would have offered leather seats, I might have bought it.

Not sure if I want fancy or bold.

Hey Cass the FJ has been a protype for at least 7 years now not sure how long the nitro has been any idea?

Teri Yea I am going between a new Xterra and a New 4 runner have not made up my mind yet..

it will depend on how for and how much towing you will be doing I dont care what they say about towing capacity in the real world you need a big vehicle with big power I know because I try to tow my 929 with a Ford Eplorer and half the time I feel like I need to getr out and push I do have the heavy duty tow package and after along trip I have to have transmission fluid changed because it is cooked

JD

I tow about 3.5 hours there and back once a month spring - fall. Other than that, my boat is on a lift on the lake.

thats not what I would call alot of towing so you could get by with what ever trips your trigger

JD

5000 lbs is pretty good, considering the regular jeep is only rated for 3k.

mike

Teri, Right now my winter daily driver is an 05 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited Sahara, still have the Dodge w/Hemi for hauling the new pontoon boat and the Ranger that is still for sale but wrapped up and put away for the winter. We are headed to NC in January in case anyone wants to buy it we can deliver it. :rolleyes:

I think the Toyo is cute, a bit different from the Benz and Lexus but if it works for you go for it.

Cass :D

I will stay with the F-150, the 9400 lbs towing and the ride like a Cadillac.

Teri... you have to much free time or money..Maybe It's the Indiana water you grew up on..I seem to have the same symptoms you have..I can't wait for my new SS Monte carlo...Jr:D

If it's anything like the 4 runner...it'll ride like a log wagon.

Jr, Not too much time or money....just like cars/trucks I guess. I wish I could find one that just knocked my socks off....that I was willing to pay for. I miss the Mercedes. It was a nice looking ride.

My mechanic says to look at the tow rating and cut it in half... If your boat weighs more than half you will be disappointed for long haul towing...

It is a nice looking truck, but at 245 hp may be a little short on grunt on hills...

Teri, the Ford Expedition/Lincoln Navigator is sitting on a proven (F-150) platform with 300hp and enough towing capacity...

Randy Travis has his Navigator for sale here in Nashville on Cars.com. :)

That is just too big for me. I think my Jeep with the Hemi does just fine towing. It's the 12 miles to the gallon without towing that sucks.

Not again!!!!
icon_thud.gif

:lol: Just looking Rich. Refraining from the "buying". I just thought this Toyota was pretty cool.

Teri - nice looking ride. Been hearing about these for a while. Given that its a first year production of a new model, give a couple of model years for Toyota to work out the kinks. There are ALWAYS problems in the first model year of production of any new or significantly redesigned vehicle - no matter who the manufacturer may be.

Then, if it works for you (towing, features, price, fuel economy, appearance, etc.), then get it! Life's short. Good luck!

JC

I really liked your Mercedes,Not to big and really sharp..It was In great shape to..You just have to change,,Like me..I have one more year on the lease unlesss they let me out early..Probably will..Carlos will buy the truck and i can get another like it..Love those crew cabs..Jr

Back