Tournament V-18...

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brad F

Reaction score
Providing I can move my 1995 Deep Pro V, I'm looking at buying a used 2001 or a 2000 Tournament V-18. Anyone have any positive or negative feedback about the V-18 from these years??

Thanks in advance...

Start with a 2003. Weld and transom problems with earlier years. If you are looking for one with a 150, make sure no welds or transom problems

I own a 2000 TV-18 w/ a 90hp mercury and absolutely love it. Plenty of speed for me about 42mph, great on gas and plenty of storage. Of course the newer one can handle the larger engines and have slightly more storage. If you're looking to get away with a good boat on a budget I would definitely suggest the 2000 or 2001. Good luck.

Reno

Another satisfied customer here...

2000 TV-18 with 2001 90hp merc.

As previously stated, the transom was beefed up starting in the 2001 model year. In addition, they started welding on the bow cap and transom caps. If your budget allows, go with a 2001 or newer for 'no worries' with bigger motor.

az

I own a 2001 with a 150 and haven't had any problems with welds, even after some serious wake and swell poundings on Lake of the Ozarks.

Back