Top three choices

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJ Laster

Reaction score
I was asked this today and thought it might make a good post on here...

If you could have dinner with any 3 people who would it be?

Its tough for me....but i think i would narrow it down to...

1. Johnny Morris

2. George W. Bush (or any president for that matter)

3. and maybe an actor like John Wayne or one of the old famous truely great actors......

my number one would definatly be Johnny Morris. Ever since I heard the story of Bass Pro for the first time (on TV i believe) it really impressed me. And when I got to Big Cedar they always say that Johnny is really laid back. He doesnt dress all fancy...bluejeans and a shirt....He seems like my kind of guy.... I guess in a way he is one of my "heroes"...Even if it wasnt dinner...i'd love to meet him. It is a dream of mine to work my way up in Bass Pro...who knows...one day i probably get to meet him....dreams come true!

BJ

1. Cal Ripken, Jr

2. Rick Clunn

3. General Robert E Lee

1. Gen. Patton

2. Ronald Reagan

3. Teddy Roosevelt

or

Crab Legs with:

1. Mini

2. Neeley

3. Cicero

(Been there,...Done that,...wana do it again!!):wub:

Mac

1. Jesus Christ

2. Julius Ceasar

3. Nathan Bedford Forrest

Good question BJ. It's tough to narrow it down to three.

Bill

1. My father's father

2. My mother's father

3. Thomas Jefferson

Rich D

My wife (alone and without the kids!)

George W Bush

Davy Hite and/or Denny Brauer

1. Angelina Jolie

2. Heather Locklear

3. Jessica Simpson

What can I say....I'm a dirty old man.

:lol:Harpo

Sooner, you'd better put OJ's and MJ's lawyers in there somewhere! LOL

LAWYERS!, I don't need no stinking lawyers....just give me a bucket of Viagara and a crash cart.:lol:;)

Harpo

Jesus

Rusty Wallace

George W Bush (sorry George but i am a nascar fan formost)

1.) Dale Earnhardt, Sr. {sniff :( }

After him..... The rest don't really matter.....

Ok,...let's add a new twist to this,.....pick any 3 professional fishermen/women...but you are NOT allowed to discuss "fishing" during dinner,...who would you pick,...and why?!

My 3 picks:

1. KVD

2. Denny Brauer

3. Hank Parker

Why?? They're all 3 AVID Deer Hunters,....we could talk "hunting" all night!! :lol:

Mac

1. Guido Hibdon

2. Denny Brauer

3. Zell Rowland

They were the speakers at the BASS University I attended and together they were funnier than anything on Comedy Central.

Harpo

1. Clunn

2. Iaconelli (Someone needs to give him a cup of coffee... time to wake up!)

3. Denny Braur

OK on the original OPEN ended top 3, i'd like to have dinner and discussions with would be:

1. Biblical figure - Abraham or Moses, would LOVE to hear how they talked to god!

2. Historical Figure - one of our USA founding fathers, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson or such. Would LOVE to hear from our founding fathers their view on our current political environment and such.

3. My Dads Dad (who died when my dad was young) or my Mom's Grandad, so I could hear about the "old" country and what it was like come to our country in the early 1900's.

3 pro anglers...

1. Woo Daves...like harpo said...he is HILARIOUS...and plus we've emailed back and forth some and theres a lot to talk about besides fishing

2. Johnny Morris (ok..not a pro....but he did qualify for the Classic 5 times)....talk to him about business stuff

3. Really anyone of them....I admire a lot of those guys....

Also, has anyone on here ever met Johnny Morris?

....a couple of times,.....He's very unassuming...kinda shy. Very polite too......good guy!!

Only pros and no fishing.....hmmmm. Lemmmme see who on the Bassngals circuit....???? LOL

Forrest Wood (cause he's just a cool guy and I would like to hear first hand the history of Ranger. You said no fishing, not no boats!)

Irwin Jacobs (The man is just a business guru and financial genius. He's the Donald Trump of the fishing world. I'd love to pick his brain.)

Ray Scott (he does big time deer management and research)

....a couple of times,.....He's very unassuming...kinda shy. Very polite too......good guy!!

He sounds like me.....especially the "shy" part.

This was very thought provoking topic. There used to be a TV show on PBS with this same premise hosted by Steve Allen. He would have actors portraing differant and diverse historical figures all sitting at the dinner table.

I want to change my first flippant answer with one more thought out. Just imagine the dinner converstaton with these three:

1. Franklin Roosevelt

2. Winston Churchill

3. Adolf Hitler

Harpo

Sooner,....I thought about a couple WWII Generals too....imagine

Patton - "Hey Rommel...pass the garlic bread you magnificent Ba$tard!"

Rommel - "Achtung!!...I veel pass you nussing Dumkopf!"

DeGaul - "Yammmmotoooo,....where are you my little yellow friend?!"

or

MacArthur - "I need to use the head,.....I shall return!"

BJ - I've been lucky enough to spend some great quality time with John L. over the past many years. I can tell you this, you get what you see. He's the most laid-back, easy to be around fella you'll ever meet. He is also one of the most innovative and shrewd businessmen I have met as well. Stick around and I'm sure you'll get the same impression first hand! Here's a pic of us all doing what we enjoy best! (The fella in the back is Tony Stewart getting a few pointers from another Pro Staffer.) I'm meeting some of the other BPS fellas in the morning to head on up for our yearly Canada trip. Enjoy yourself at BPS!
http://www.zjstech.net/~library/1930/John, Kerry and Me.jpg

Dan-

That pic is AWESOME!!!! I hope someday i'm lucky enough to get to meet him.

Run the black & whites!

1. Larry

2. Curly

3. Moe

Cuz I'M THE FOURTH STOOGE

D

1. Dale Earnhardt SR.

2. Danica Patrick

3. Eddie Murphy

I've already had dinner with Jimmy Houston, what a riot he is! And Hank Parker, real nice guy, his x-wife is prettier in person.

The founding fathers. I want to know what thy intended, vs what has happened.

My father. Lost him at a very early age, and just would like to talk.

Edward R. Murrow. Would be fascinating.

Fishing.

Ray Scott - although he doesn't fit the profile of a 'pro', in the true sense. Building on a dream/Leadership. Pond management.

Tom Mann - from hard scrabble farmer, to successfull angler/businessman/entrepenuer.

Forrest L. Wood - Serving the customer.

Tex

It would be interesting to have Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Paine, John Adams, and Benjamin Franklin sitting on the Supreme Court.

Harpo

geez...

I've already met Mac, Mini, Marke, Gene, Craig, and Neeley...

Who else is there???

lol

az

Back