Took The Boyfriend Fishing

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Harp

Reaction score
A month or so ago I posted a message tittled "Three in a boat" asking the question of how good is it to fish three people in a PT-185 because my daughters boyfriend wanted to go with my son and I. Well, yesterday I took him, Andy had other plans so it was just the two of us. The sorry so & so smoked me. He caught 5 bass and the biggest crappie I've ever seen fishing a Storm soft plastic swim bait. I was doing my usual spinnerbait/pitching tubes or jigs pattern and caught otis. I swear if he had caught one more fish he was going to walk back to the dock. Seriously though it was good getting to know him a little better. He was a tank crew chief in Desert Storm and told me some interesting stories about that. I was very glad he was with me when we got back to the parking lot because the Jeep's brake lights had stuck on and drained the battery. He removed the trolling motor battery, scrounged up some jumper cables and got me running again. My daughter thought it was creepy that I was hanging out with her boyfriend.

Harpo

Been there also, only my daughter's boyfriend ended up being my tourny partner in the club for about 3 years. The awkward part was, they broke up after 2 years, but he continued to drive to my house for the ride to the lake. He finally got his own boat and eased some of the tension.

Bill

Great Job Harpo! Now get some of his baits for next time!!! LOL

Tox - LOL!!! Reminds me of the early days of this board when folks thought Mini and Mac were a couple!!! LOL

Awwwhh you know how it is....you gotta spread it around. ;>)

BTW. Those little Storm swim baits do have a pretty realistic look and action. I am going to get some.

Harpo

I offered to take my daughter's boyfriend out fishing and he won't go. The daughter says he's afraid to go with me because I never talk to him and am always cleaning guns and reloading ammo when he's there. Shhhessssh!!!

fatrap

Back