to wax or not to wax

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Hutchison

Reaction score
How many of you all wax the hull and does it make a diferance in preformance? If you do wax it what about the spots you can't get to like where it sits on the bunk boards and places where you can't reach does this make a differance to have waxed and un-waxed areas.

I just got bass boat saver would this be good enough to wip the hull down with or should i use a past wax.

Thanks in advance

In Power boat racing they do not wax the hull, but they rough it up with 100 sand paper, I don't wax mine, but thats me

I wax mine for protection and easier to clean up. But I don't worry about the area I can't get to, so I guess I am about half and half.....

BF

I wax my entire boat when I winterize. During the summer I only wax the top and sides. Chris F.

Waxing the hull. Well i always wax the front portion of the hull. The area i can get to. Thats not gonna slow you down.

we wax to help slide over the grass better here in SC. It is true that waxing can slow you down but my boat is running on a 2'x2' pad so it really isn't a big deal.

Back