To: pmgoffjr

• Thread starter Christopher Laurencio
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christopher Laurencio

Reaction score
Pat,

I don't know if you seen my post the other day regarding my livewell problem and I realize you get a great deal of questions on this board but I was hoping that maybe you could shed some light on my issue.

I have a 2004 PT 185 60hp.

The problem is - the livewell overflows/overfills to the point that when someone is standing on the back deck the water comes out the livewell lid onto the deck rug and then into the side compartments. I received several suggestions but would like to know what you think since from what I understand you repair/sell Trackers.

The overflow on the back wall does not appear to have a clog, and I can hear it gurgle when it reaches the overflow hole. Have you had any issues regarding this before? Any suggestions, such as the overflow tube where the plug goes. Is it filling to fast etc.

when I don't have someone in the back deck the water level is right at the lid, and the overflow is covered halfway with water. Could it be a design problem? Or did they install my overflow to high?

And the fish knock down the divider in the livewell?

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Thanks Pat, I will try that when my dealer mails me the overflow tube, mine did not come with one from the factory.

Pat, I just logged on and seen your second post, I thank you for your original response and the second. My dealer who I got the PT 185 from suggested trying the overflow tube so I assumed you would suggest the same, that's why I kinda wanted to ask you and get a second opinion, my dealer seemed uniterested in correcting the problem. He actually told me that I shouldn't be using the arerator when using the trolling motor! I knew that was bad advice from him.

In any event do you think the overflow tube is an option?

I have checked the overflow tube for kinks and blockage but found nothing. I will check if it rises above the livewell level before it bends down into the bildge area.

Back