To kim becker

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rene Call

Reaction score

I see where you responded to a posting about a cable on the outlet that may be slipping. Is this a simple fix and how might I go about it? I noticed water coming out of the outlet when I had it on the trailer and the well was full. Appreciate any help.

This is not a difficult thing to fix, but it is uncomfortale to get at. Follow your livewell intake hose from your transom through the bilge area. This will lead you to a valve with a cabe on it. This cable looks just like a thin coat hanger, not an insulated cable like wire. You can push/pull on the cable at the valve to free it up,spray some WD40 on it and see if the valve is moving. Have someone go to the control in the boat and operate the valve and watch to see what happens. Also can force some water in thru the livewell intake to remove any dirt, but be sure to have your control in the fill position. This cable tends to get rusty and not want to close or open completely. If the valve is stuck the cable may have a kink in it from not being able to push all the way open. Straighten out the kink and reconnect the cable. Hope this helps and feel free to contact me if you need help. Sorry this is so long.

Back