Time to check your tires!!

• Thread starter Dewey Storie [URL]http://abcnews.go.com/Video/play
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a letter yesterday about Tracker Marine recalling cracking trailer tires with raised white letters.

I just replaced my truck tires. I was visiting DesMoines last week and noticed the steel belt showing. I had 77,400 on the BF Goodrich RT Dulers. Cost about a $1000

fatrap

John - How old is your trailer/Tires? I have the trailstar raised white letter tires on mine too, but being the 3rd owner of a '99 with original tires, I can't complain!

I had the raised white tires on my tracker in 06 when I bought the boat and after 1 year one kept going low on air. I just switched them out the radials.

No problems since.

Randy!

my boat is a '08 and I just got the notice from Tracker

my boat is a '08 and I just got the notice from Tracker. The letter states if the tires show cracking call Bps

I took delivery of my PT 190 TX on Memorial Day weekend of 09 but my title says it's an 010 and I got the letter today in the mail.

Does this cover the radials too or just bias ply? The ones on my 08 are cracking badly and i planned to replace them over the winter. If they are covered too i may go that route instead of spending the cash.

The letter says all tires that is marked as Tracker Marine in Raised White Letters(RWL). Must have a four-digit date code from 0107 through 3109. The date code is located on the back of the tire. Must have visible cracking on the sidewall of the tire in the area of the raised white letters.

If I had to guess, and this is just a guess, this covers tires made the 1st week in 2007 through the 31st week of 2009.

Mine are too old and at 10 years old running fine, got a good old style quality product!

Mine has the "Trail America" branded tires and they are dry rotting badly and i dont think they are really safe anymore. I'm not very thrilled that i have to replace them so soon but id rather be safe then sorry. My plan is a pair of Goodyear marathons and then i wont have to worry about it for a long time.

Latest posts

Back