2009 Pro Guide v16 50hp 2stroke WHAT Prop?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamnjc3

Reaction score
Hi All, Im new on here. I got a new to me boat, upgrade from my old Boat. Its a 2009 Tracker PRo Guide v16. I have had it out 5 times after setting up the boat how I wanted and getting it running well.
It is a great riding boat for a smaller boat. And it runs about 26mph trimmed out. But is only at 5200 rpms. So I feel there is performance to be gained. I have read that this boat with this motor should be running 30+mph with 2 people and i should be getting 5500-5700 rpm. This tells me I need to change the Prop. I found the prop by running the numbers on the back side of the prop, which tells me it is a Michigan 10- 3/8 x 14. I think with the rpms I am at i can move 2 sizes, but am considering a 4 blade, I put one on my smaller boat and love it.
Can anyone suggest a good prop for my boat or which size I should move to with the information I have given? 3 or 4 blade prop suggestions are both appreciated. Thank you Sincerely Jim

This company has helped me, call them tell them what you want your prop to do. Hole shot , speed so on. They know their stuff. Back in 1997 I bought my first bass boat which had a 70 HP Merc. The prop on it was for pulling / tubing and such. It had lousy hole shot and I also though it could go faster. I stopped in and explained what was going on with the prop I had. They basically told me what the new prop would do better hole shot and speed , the boat wasn't a speed demon but reliable. The prop did what it was supposed to do , back then for an aluminum 3 blade cost me 100 bucks. Still runs great by the way. Here is there web site....... Airmarine Inc. | Propeller Sales | Chicago, IL Give them a call, good luck.

This company has helped me, call them tell them what you want your prop to do. Hole shot , speed so on. They know their stuff. Back in 1997 I bought my first bass boat which had a 70 HP Merc. The prop on it was for pulling / tubing and such. It had lousy hole shot and I also though it could go faster. I stopped in and explained what was going on with the prop I had. They basically told me what the new prop would do better hole shot and speed , the boat wasn't a speed demon but reliable. The prop did what it was supposed to do , back then for an aluminum 3 blade cost me 100 bucks. Still runs great by the way. Here is there web site....... Airmarine Inc. | Propeller Sales | Chicago, IL Give them a call, good luck.
Thank you

Latest posts

Back