Thinking about buying a NX 750 DC

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Chaney

Reaction score
Thinking about buying a Nitro 750. Does anyone know the pros and cons of purchasing over an Xpress X17? The price is about the same.

I don't know anything about the Express but I did have a 750 for two years and I loved it. It's a great size that will let you fish ponds that are less accesible to larger boats. It's easy to handle and fits in a standard garage. Three people can fish in it. I had no problems with it. Mine was set up with a 90hp you may want to consider more power for a better hole shot. If you can swing the price differential get the Optimax. You won't be disapointed. Nice boat for the money, a real value.

I have a 2002 750. I've got the 115 2 stroke and 24 volt Motorguide,67 lbs of thrust. The 115 HP gets me moving with full tourney load at an average of 54 MPH. 56 on a good day. The trolling package is wonderful on the 750. It'll move you real well and make a wake on high bypass.

Probably the biggest hang up I've got about my boat is that I wish it were wider. But obviously you'd need more length to get up to a 92" beam. But overall, it's a real nice looking boat and I like it a lot.

I've followed this thread with great interest since I purchased a NX750 SC in the last thirty days. The boat is a '04 leftover which the dealer (Carlisle's Marine Newark, DE) sold at a $500 discount. Dealer is storing the boat until the middle of March for me. After lots of research, this was the boat & motor package selected for under $15K. Can't wait till the ice leaves the lakes up hear!

I would definatly recommend this dealer to you. I've done business with the family for 40+ yrs. and never a problem. He currently has several leftover 175s & 185s, V-16 & 18s & 898 SC for sale. Phone # is 302-737-0100 ask for Dave.

I'm not affiliated with this dealer.....just a satisfied customer.
http://www.carlislesmarine.com

I just sold my NX750 , great boat for the size, lots of storage. My was setup with a 115 elpto and would run 54-55 GPS with 1/2 tank and just myself. The only thing I would suggest is get a 24 volt T-motor, the 12 volt is fine on calm days, but when the wind kicks up, you'll be running it on high all the time..

Good luck and congrats.

There are some pics in my library of mine. I guess this color combo was special ordered. I had to pay for full poly flake but in my opinion it should have been the partial poly flake charge, either way I think it is pretty sharp. Of course the UK fans in Kentucky have gotta love it.

It is for sale. Send me an email if you are interested more. Clark

Well I am an Xpress Owner and I am glad to see that an Xpress is being compared to a Glass Rig. I think the wind will be the biggest factor for you. If you fish in open bodies of water I would go with the heavier boat and 24V TM. I have never riden in 750 but I have riden in a few Xpress's and I would put them right up there as far as comfort and driveablity.

Back