The Old 911 is gone

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Hutchison

Reaction score
Man what a pain the ports at Baltimore are a mess took all morning go here take it there Dang I'm glad it over I just hope it makes it to the buyer in one piece :unsure: but I did get to hit Bass Pro on the way home :D

Hutch - I hope this Spain thing is a real deal, and not the scam where they send you more $$ on a fake cashiers check, and you get hosed.

Trep

Yes there are scams but this worked out I set up a new account and he wired the money and once I could withdraw it I knew I was ok and the money was good. I paid my note got the title and that let get my new rig .

He has payed for everything shipping cost and stuff he set it all up all I had to do is drop it off even sent me $750 to take it to port. he must of been saving for a long time or has some bucks but he is a very nice guy.

Bass Fishing is BIG in Spain,......there's a club over there that sent me an email asking permission if they could use one of my drawings of "Lucky" for their club logo......I was so impressed with the fact that they even asked, that I said absolutely,.....they sent me a very nice note "asking" and a thank you note in "Broken English & Spanish" (They were both funny and sincere) and a .jpg of the finished logo. (I don't have it anymore,..but it was cool).

Trep,...the guy that bought my Z20 sent me a check for the full amount.....he bought it after seeing a couple pix's of it,....he takes delivery of it this weekend...right now it's sitting in Carlos's driveway!! (And, the guy who's buying the 520 I have ordered also sent me $$ and we've never met,....he's a Marine in Okinawa!!!)

Have a little faith in your fellow man my Brutha!!!:rolleyes:

Mac you are on the money thay are into bass fishing big time over there Bass Boats are hard to get so they buy them up and have them shiped the guy who got my boat was a good guy sent family Pic's even invited me over to Spain to fish and have a vacation we have been talking for about 4 months. my 911 is his 2nd Nitro he got and shipped to Spain a 700 XL few years ago he sent me pictures of it he riged it with a new yamaha.

We hear so many horror stories, the crew just wanted to make sure nobody was getting screwed;):lol:

Amen to that you are so right it happens all the time. Thats what makes NTOWS the best we all look out for and help each other.:D

Hutch's experience is actually a good lesson on avoiding potential scams. We hear so much about "running away" from overseas buyers, but clearly as Hutch and Mac have shown, there are legit buyers out there. Hutch was smart in that he set up a separate account (apart from his others), got the exact amount wired to him and waited for all to clear fully with his bank (i.e., not just "funds available" but actually full clearance). He also spoke directly to the buyer by phone, was given pictures, and talked to someone in the U.S. directly acting on the buyer's behalf. All great due diligence on Hutch's part.

My only regret is that I didn't jump on his deal sooner! But at least I'm not in Spain where it looks like its next to impossible to get a boat except from another country! :lol:

Hutch - we'll need to talk! Thinking of hitting the cold side Saturday.

Ken - thought the deal on the Ranger (for you) fell through? Looks like the wife is not getting the boating bug and wants a F&S (although she also wants a jet ski :eek:)! So I may be out of the market for anything but a decent F&S.

Yes, the Ranger deal fell apart last summer. Im not pushing to sell it, but if a buyer comes a long I'll let ti go. If you want I'll make you a deal on it !

Good deal Hutch!! Take that nice guy up on his offer to vacation in Spain! It's VERY expensive but you seem to have an "In" and it's an absolutely beautiful country.. I'm happy everything worked out so well for you. Well, except for the Baltimore docks that is.:p

Uncle Billy

Back