The "New" Shell Gasoline... Do I smell trouble???

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chad Justice

Reaction score
I run 87 Octane Shell gasoline in my truck, because it's always given me the best gas mileage. This is due to the fact that Shell gas isn't mixed with alcohol. My truck gets terrible mileage on alcohol mixed gas.... I have also learned that alcohol mixed gas is BAD BAD BAD for outboard motor fuel systems, apparently because there are a lot of rubber parts for the alcohol to eat at. I'm no expert, but that's my understanding......

Anway, I've noticed that my truck's mileage has gone from near 20 to 17-18 MPG on Shell gasoline... Then, I notice that there are signs up at the stations advertising their "New" Shell gasoline. Something about 'cleaner burning' and so on. I've also heard reports that Shell is paying for a bunch of fuel pumps as a consequence of this new formula. My thoughts are that they're now mixing w/ alcohol and some other new 'detergents'...

Anybody know anything else about this??? What kinds of fuel to you guys run? I'm basically looking for a good quality, non-alcohol-mixed fuel to run in the boat... Any suggestions?

Seen the signs...

Don't know what's actually "new" about it...

az

not sure either. i usually buy my gas at a phillips 66 station but there are a lot of shell stations going in where the texacos used to be. maybe we can email some of the motor mfg's to see what they say.

Latest posts

Back