The Florida Trip

• Thread starter Teri C. [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~library/8544/
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
I am back with some fish tales. We chartered a boat to fish the backwaters around Fort Myers. We woke up that morning and it was very windy and about 45 degrees but us crazy fools decided to go on with it. It turned out to be well worth it. Froze my a$$ off but worth it.

Between the 5 of us, we caught snook, jacks, mangro snapper, ocean cats, grouper, and lady fish using shiners. We didn't catch anything big but we sure had a good time. While we were in warmer canal, we got to see about 20 manatees and dolphins. It was so cool. We also got to see the majority of the bird species in that area. I would do it again in a minute.

We also fished of the beach right before the bridge that takes you to the island. We used squid and caught jacks, a puffer, and a 10 pound sting ray. The sting ray was one of the best fights I have ever had fishing. I had a med action rod with 8 lb line. That ray took out almost all the line I had. I don't know how long it took me to get it to shore but it seemed like forever. My little brother caught a puffer fish and it was the coolest fish I have ever seen. He was about 3 lbs of water and when we let him go he released all the water and shot off like a rocket. Fast little booger!

Any way, here's some pics...By the way, I was all about wearing a hat all week and no make up!
116-1629_IMG.JPG

Nice job Teri!!!! I'm glad you opted for the salt water trip. Like I said, you can catch bass anywhere in the US but we all have very few opportunities to catch a variety of species like that.

I am soooo due for a trip like that....LOL

fun, fun, fun

Sure looks like it was FUN!

However...it doesn't look 45 degrees in that Sting Ray shot!

az

The sting shot was a different day, about 75 that day.

Stingrays are like pullin up a storm window off of the bottom!! They are a blast. Kinda like a big flounder. Good job. Looks like a lot of fun. Never let the weather dictate your plans!! Unless it gets dangerous.

TOXIC

Hey Teri... Funny... I did "exactly" the same thing you dis all last week.... yeppers... wore a hat and no make-up....

Those sting-rays(sand skates) are a blast.Me and a buddy had a blast catching them off of a pier in Ocean City one night.All the locals were giving us the "look at these stupid rednecks" look.Meanwhile they all just sat there not catching anything.They were all "waiting for the Blues to come in".Well,the Blues never came in.

If it pulls on my line,I'll fish for it.

Steve

Nice fish Teri. Where were you fishing? did you hire a guide? My grandmother lives on Sanibel and i may go visit her this winter. I want to try to get some fishing in when i go.

that puffer fish it way cool

That the same brother that got the button buck?

Aren't those ocean/sailfin cats the SLIMEYEST criiters you ever didn't set your hands on!

The ladyfish are sometimes referred to as "poor man's tarpon" because they put on such an aerial show!

Did you get into any of the speckled trout? They're great eating!

I'd do anything to move down there, Teri!

Looks like you had a great time!

me!

Wow Teri,

Looks like the trip was well worth it, great pics, and that puffer fish is cool, (used to have one in aquarium, but it rarely blew up like that and was nowhere near that size)

Glad you had fun and sure wish you'd have brought some of that warm weather back to the midwest with you! egMike

Teri,

Neat Pictures, I like the puffer fish too! It's a bit early to know what the weather will be like next week, but I am hoping to do some fishing the 11th and 12th.

I'm going to try and get Mini to go as well. We'll see if he knows how to use those allstar rods in Texas waters! Ha!

Rainy

Great shots!!....Looks like you had a blast.....that's what it's all about!!

:eek:)

PS...I agree with JR,...you deffinitely don't need any make-up!!

Nice array of fish Teri...I like to do that and have variety....really fun out there and ya' never know what your hookin' into.

TEE

Good 'ole Fort Myers. Haven't been there in a while, but it sure is a great area to fish. I just love the variety of fish that you can catch down there and it sounds and looks like you had a ball! Thanks for sharing the photos!

Nice Gafftop (Sail Cat)! Usually when they get that big they slow down and become prey for other toothy critters. (LOL!) Looks like a great time was had by all. I particularly like the "Lady with the Lady Fish" photo. (How appropriate!) Ft. Meyers to Naples is one of my favorite areas to fish as well. Great pics, now go more often, and don't forget your camera!! <'))><

Nice fish and that looks liek fun!! Especially as it is snowing here now!!!!

Carlos

Back