THAT DOES IT!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJ Laster

Reaction score
GUESS WHAT HAPPENED THIS MORNING....I GO TO CHECK MY EMAIL....

I HAVE ANOTHER EMAIL FROM MR. WELKER........

THE EMAIL YOU SENT ME YESTERDAY SAID IT WAS A ONE TIME EMAIL...SO WHY DO I HAVE A SECOND???

THE KWIK DROP THING IS REALLY TICKING MY OFF!!!!! THOSE WHO KNOW ME KNOW I DON'T GET MAD EASY!!!

BJ, did the new email carry the virus? I got one yesterday around 2pm but CA's EZvirus didn't inform me of any virus and I don't remember seeing an attachment. Could be the EZvirus stripped it out and I just didn't catch it (pun intended).

Rick

What virus? do i need to get some virus software and scan?...no attatchments. there are a couple of links...i'm not going to any of them

Guys,

I got that email yesterday also, but I do believe there was any virus or files attatched.

Okay, but what sites is he pulling addresses from? Could it be that you got it from another site too?

I ran into an issue where I checked for dupes, but the dupe check was case sensitive, and like on BFHP, if you were [email protected] on one and [email protected] on another, you'd have gotten two.

The interesting thing is, Rich writes his own software, so to get the addresses from here, it wasn't some canned program that was bought, but something that would have had to been customized to pull them.

Snowman-I've only 'joined' this site once....the only other site i've 'joined' is yours! did they get my E off of it?

BJ

Snowball has a new BassCat....

He SOLD it to them!

LOL!, :), JK..... and all that othrer good stuff!

I got email #2 today myself. These guys really arent winning anyone over on this site i can see that for sure.

Here's what happened: Don Welker used a mailing utility and fed it a bunch of addresses (I don't know where he got them). Once he kicked the process off, he lost control of when the emails arrived.

I can't speak to the viruses. The one I received did not have any. I did get an email from Don last night, apologizing, and saying he had deleted the email application from his PC.

Orville and Don want to sponsor this site. I leave it to you guys: Are we too far gone with this company to forgive them?

Forgiveness is easy...

I just wouldnt want them to think that there "sponsorship" means they can send me announcments that I have not asked for. I wouldnt want their sponsor status to in any way condone the actions so far.

Interesting thing is that there are some items I would like to have a machine shop that is "boat/fisherman" friendly to help me with...

Let them sponsor the site.

If the product was good for some of the members before; it still will be.

Their sales will be the only true guage.

I think they know the rules, Rich.

Rich, if he deleted it yesterday....he told you he did last night..then why did i get an email today.

Sim,

That's true, maybe they could make a deck extension for ProTeam Trackers. I would like one pre-fabricated. That way I could stand on it and not fall into it! Or how about some transom trolling motor brackets.

They could be useful.

I didn't have any sort of virus attached to the one unsolicited e-mail I received from them. I truly don't know what to think. I am going to try their product and give an honest opinion of it whether they are a sponsor here or not.

I was thinking that they were new to all of this and their marketing just got of control.

So I'm sitting right here on the fence Rich. I would not begin to second your decisions on matters such as this and I am SUCH A FORGIVING PERSON:)

Bill

Rich, i dont think he "lost control" over his program. I got two emails from them and they were from two different addresses with different content. To me it looks like it was on purpose not an "accident"

They gotta play by the rules and NO MORE SPAM! And if I get any other SPAMS that are not from them I will know that they sold my addy to someone else because I get -zero-spam now, other than theirs.

TOXIC

Hey Rich,

It is your site. It doesn't matter to me if they sponser or not. I tend to think it was an aggressive mistake. Orville has apologized several times and seems to be stand up.

Rich D

Fact: Money talks and we only whine.

And no, BJ, the ONLY way to get your address from my site (short of hacking it, literally hacking it) would be for you to use the "email" button to email the person. That, and that only, would reveal your email address.

However, you have posted on BFHP. Did you ever fill in the "email address" field?

Interestingly enough, I don't appear to have gotten any (spam messages about this product).

Personally, no don't let them be a sponsor, but they could be an advertiser :). Same fees, same benefits, different semantics.

I am forgiving - let them sponsor the site if they want to Rich. It's up to YOU!!!! If it makes it better for you, and we are guaranteed of no more spam, then go for it.

I dont post on BFHP much at all....

If I do I use a fake email addy...i learned my lesson when i had aol. I used to frequent it a lot a couple of years ago....i got a ton of crap from them too...well I can't say from them but i did start getting a lot of spam

BJ

BJ, look closer, you do have two memberships. One address is your regular one, bassangler5 and the other is joyful08. That's probably what happened. I only got one of the spam-mails. I scaned for virus with Norton and it didn't detect anything. Adaware didn't pickup anything either. Like I said eariler I'm willing to let things settle out as long as I don't get anymore BS from these guys. I get one other spam ad on a regular basis, something my daughter signed up for. So as long as I don't get anything else all is forgiven.

Rich, it's your website, you do what you think is best for NTOWS. I'm not likly to buy one of the seat pedestials anyway.

Harpo

Harpo thanks for pointing that out to me. That is my sister's email address. I remember what happened...I was having some trouble with the chat room one night. it said i was logged in when i wasn't. So I created the other one..it didn't help. I thought I had removed it..guess not. How do I remove that.

But its two different email addys...my sister hasn't got anything from them. Both were sent to my email address.

BJ

Did someone say SISTER? :) Now that Teri's dumped me, I'm available :)

Back