Tennessee Bass Lakes

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
I am not very familar with the lakes in TN. Should I end up in Nashville, where are the local lakes? How far from the city? How's TN fishing? I've always heard its pretty good.

Oh there is a few good ones (all have smallmouth as well as largemouth):

Percy Priest - just south

Old Hickory - just East

Center Hill - just Southeast (one of my favorites...this

lake is deep and clear with waterfalls and

all...great fishing too)

Cheathem - just west

Cordell Hull - a little further East than Old Hickory

Dale Hollow - although a little far it is one of the

best smallmouth fisheries in the country

All of these lakes are within an hour or less of downtown (except Dale Hollow, its a little farther out). This is in my opion one of the best cities in the country for fishing oppurtunities.....Hope this helps...LA

Mini...Kentucky is slooooow right now from my bud's report but, it should be improve AFTER Labor Day. Just be careful if traveling on the Barkley side..they draw the water down sometime after and if you get outside the channel...you can get beached pretty quick. All the TVA's are drawed down around the same time frame:)

Thanks Larry! I was reading about some of the lakes last night. I am trying not to get excited until the job situation turns out right.

I'll back Larry up and add that Kentucky Lake, Barkley Lake, Pickwick, Wilson, and Guntersville are all about 2-2 1/2 hours away and have very good fishing at different times of the year.

Dale Hollow is great for smallies. It has largemouth but some smallmouth fishermen call them trashfish.

Da Bear

Dale Holllow has a ton of 3 to 7lb. Greenfish in it...The locals just prefer the Brownfish:)and me too!
Pic5.jpg

Teri,

I'd be happy to show you the lakes around here.

Percy Priest, Old Hickory, Center Hill, Tims Ford, Normandy, Woods Reservoir, Dale Hollow, Kentucky Lake,Etc., Etc.

GO TITANS!

Tom

I may take you up on that, Tom. I don't know a single person there so it would be really nice to start with a fishing buddy.

Tenn has great lakes..I may be close by before long...Looking at Alabama,and Tenn...JR

Back