Taking on water

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rene Call

Reaction score
Hello;

I have a problem of taking on water. I started hearing a dripping sound, like water flowing into the hull of my 175 pro tracker. I would fill the live well and the water level would drain out. So I sealed the inside of the live well again. The live is now holding water, but I can still hear the dripping water in the live sell section of the boat. When I turn on the pump, it will pump out water.

Any help would be appreciated.

Fill it with water while at home, and put food coloring in it, you will see where it leaks, I've done it before........then just mark where it is and go from there, let us know how you make out

Could be on the outside of the livewell fitting. Maybe the hose is not clamped on tight.

I had a pump break in the hull which allowed water to pour into the hull.

I also had a pump fitting break off with no real warning. Amazing how fast water can enter through a 3/4" hole in the boat. It might be the drip you are hearing is a cracked fitting that is just about ready to fail. I never heard any drips, but finally did notice all of the water when I looked down into the floor drain on my 175PT.

Pump housing cracked,for no good reason....Easy fix

Back