Table Rock Vacation

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Anderson

Reaction score
I will be staying on Table Rock Lake for a week (7/28 - 8/2). I will be staying down in the Arkansas area (Holiday Village.) My question is can anyone give me any good info on this part of the lake?? All online info seems to be about the Branson area of the lake...Thanks...LA

Larry are you going to Holiday Island? I am going there 8/9 for a week. I am going to try Beaver Lake south of there. I am going to buy Ar license and fish the White between the state line and Beaver and then go to Beaver and fish there. You know you have to have a license in the state you are fishing, they have no reciprocal agreement. This is my first time there. I would like to get some info. on Beaver Lake from someone. I have fished Table Rock on the other end and fished Tanneycommo during vacation, but have never fished on the west end of Table Rock.

Maybe someone that lives in the area will hear our plea and help us.

Larry, keep in mind that Table Rock (any part of it) will be very warm this time of year. Night fishing is the most successful tactic during the summer. That said, you'll need to hunt down main channel points and dropoffs where you can get down 50 to 80 feet. Find the thermocline and fish right above it. Below it, there isn't enough oxygen to sustain fish and because the water is so clear, they hang out at deeper depths.

Beaver may be a more convenient lake to fish.

50 to 80 feet??? Have you thought about taking a fly rod and fishing the White for Browns, Cutthroats and Rainbows? Now, that's a hoot!

Just came from there after spending two weeks in the hot sun. I have a place over by Shell Knob (mid lake area). I did fish a small day turnment with a brother in-law. He got big fish, I got one heck of a sunburn. Still had fun. The fish I did catch where in 20 to 40 feet deep. Most where caught after 8:00 pm. The key colors was plum and plum-apple Zoom magIIs. The morning topwater bite was non- productive. Also caught a few using some zoom salt craws, watermellon colored. Good luck.

Back