Surf Fishing question #2

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Shenton

Reaction score
Ok, so as you all have gathered, I have gotten into this whole surf fishing thing this year. I see, time and time again, recomendations that state that the best times are high tide and early morning. Well, what if high tide is in the middle of the afternoon? Which is more important, tide, or time?

What would you do, fish early and late, during low tide, or fish during the bright mid/day but at high tide.....????

I think some of it may depend on what you are fishing for. Whenever i go surf fishing its for stripers and they like to feed at night so I always fish the high tide at night. I actually like the slack tide period between high tide at its hiogest and when it starts dropping again heading twords low tide. There are two high tides in a 24hr period. I pick my days so that im fishing that high tide in the dark.

First, I have caught the biggest surf fish in the morning. Second, the tide was rising or high. Third, I normally fish for shark with fresh bait so I don't know if that makes a difference. I have caught Whiting and Blues all day long on both tides. Surf fishing is the greatest.

Da Bear

what state are you surf fishing in? Time depends on the species and what they are doing.

mike

Back