Subway

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJ Laster

Reaction score
Are there any subway fans out there? I LOVE subway. We eat there after most of our tournaments. I had dinner there tonight....I love subway!

foot long Tuna on Wheat with lettuce, tomato, green peppers, banana peppers, mayonaise..........mmmmm mmmmm good!

.....why I don't have kids.....

.....ya gotta feed 'em.....

.....and then they grow.....

.....and want even MORE food.....

:)

huh? dont' understand...

I eat A LOT; I was just joking about the loan.

BJ

Staci, you gotta remember; teenage humor is down there around, "Dude Where's My Car!" Sarcasim and double-entendres are wasted. Boogers, butts, and farts will nail 'em to the floor everytime.

Harpo

Okay BJ, let's take a walk in Mikey's imaginary world....

Take bread as good as Subway's. When you order meat on it, you get MEAT, not 3 weenie slices of whatever it is... oh, you wanted cheese? Here's some cheese... that enough or want more? Let's toast that baby a la Quizno's. If you ask for lettuce, you'll get it, but not a pound unless that's what you want. Now, imagine a check-out where a footlong isn't $5.

Ahhhh Harpo, finally down to my level!!

TOXIC

The Duke of Digestive Discharge, plain and simple....gets em' every time!!

BJ, the reason Snowball doesn't share your enthusiasm for Subway is that for some reason Dallas has some of the best sub shops this side of New York City. I hate to tell you but Subway is really not my favorite either. The bread just doesn't cut it, too mushy. Some of the new breads there are ok but still no blue ribbon. Don't like Quiznos either, too dry. My personal favorite sandwich is Schlotzsky's, not really a sub but a dang good sandwich. If you want a good sub come up here to Edmond and I'll buy you one at Hobby's Hoagies, now we're talking subs. City Bites is good too.

Harpo

PS. One more thing. Just a warning, NEVER eat any tuna salad that your mama didn't make. One bout of food poisoning will convence you.

Im not much of a subway fan either. I would much rather go into a small Mom and Pop type deli or pizza place and get a sub there. You end up getting better(and more) food and service and pay less for it. I try not to go to these big chains whenever i can. All they care about is profit, not the customer.

Skip the subs, and go find an old fashioned deli! For the same price, you get a sammich 6 inches high and it is all meat! Then add the rest of the toppings!

You haven't had a decent sandwich till you have one of "Pops

Specials" Heidelberg, Germany right outsde the gate at Patton Barracks. Oversize fresh baked German Broachen with a number of different German meats, German pickel and their special German sauce. Gee's I miss those days>

Sounds good. Pick me up one of those and deliver it to me, will ya?

;>)

Harpo

I'll catch the next Military Hop. Advantages of being retired.

Since you are going, make it two!

OOOOOO That sounds good too.

Looks like I picked the wrong day to start a diet.

Oh well I start a new one everyday.

Harpo

All those sandwhiches sound good.

Harpo-where is that place in Edmond? I am a big sandwhiche eater...well not homemade (too basic...just meat and cheese...) I like SUBS!!!!

BJ

Hobby's Hoagies is next to the Little Ceasars Pizza at Edmond Rd. & Santa Fe in the shopping center. The guy that owns it is a transplanted New Yorker. My favorite is the Chicken Delight which is kind of like a Philly Steak but with chicken. Man it's so good you won't know how to act. Great pizza too.

Harpo

A tavern here in town has the Bubguy sandwich.

A whole loaf of italian bread,2 1/2 pounds of meat,cheese,lettuce,and tomatoes.

If you sit there and eat it,it is free.

They say it's usually the little skinney guys that can finish them.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMM SUBWAY......MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

ME LIKE SUBWAY!!!!!!!!!

T.S.

That's right, BJ.....

Like your mother always tells you.....

"Don't talk with your mouth full!"

LOL!!

If you haven't been here, you haven't lived.

Mother's, home of the Ferdi, a Po-boy made of ham, roast beef, crispy shredded cabbage, gravy and more. 401 Poydras Street in the central business district (504) 523-9656.

It's a New Orleans classic. Absolutely one of the best.

Tex

s.poboy.ferdi.jpg

Back