Stuck Ford F-150 Wheels

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Meyer

Reaction score
Okay,

I knew enough to insis that the tire shop spray my hubs/rotors with White Lube where they contact the aluminum wheels on my F-150... But, my neighbor wasn't so luck... he now wants to swap brake pads but can't get the aluminum wheels off/away from the iron/steel rotors... They are "welded" almost...

I saw this posted here once before... Can't recall the fix... how to get the wheels off... Any ideas will be accepted. Right now the wheels are bathed in penetrating lube (like liquid wrench, only better... from Sea Foam).

Take the lugs off, soak with PB Blaster or the like from the front and back, let sit overnight than beat the he** out of them from the back side turning the wheel every other whack until it comes loose. Oh and put one lug back on by hand before you start so the wheel don't go flying......

BF

A heavy rubber/leather or plastic mallet might cut down on wheel damage.

Bill,

You were most helpful... us ignorant Ford owners just have to suck it up and buy an ugly ol dodge....LOL....

Well we soaked them good and a dead blow hammer will be the next tactic... after that it is off to the pros... LOL

Greg - I resemble that remark. My Dodge looks just like my favorite old coon hound. LOL

go to a large parking lot. loosen all the lugs, drive around in circles, rotating direction, tighten lugs back up, drive home, pull wheels off.... worked for me in the past.

Mark...

That was suggested by the neighbor and it did work... thanks....