Still Fishing

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerald Goff

Reaction score
Caught this 7 lb 4 oz LM this weekend during our club T on Lake LBJ. Took, 1st total weight, big bass for the T and big bass for the year. She hit at medium diving crankbait in about 6' with deep water close at hand. If I could figure out how to post a picture in the post I would, but for now she is in my member file.

GG

Winter%203003%20LBJ%207.25.JPG

On most lakes it still is in the 60s. We do have some power plant lakes that the water temp will not get out of the 60s. Those lakes can produce some great winter fishing.

I'm green with envy... I walk outside, look to the right and see my pool covered, look to the left and see my boat covered, look in the driveway and see I have to chisel ice off my truck. (&%&^$#*&(*& Arghhhhhhh!!!

Bill

Hey Bruce, Fort Hood is just North of where I live about 60 miles. There a couple of lakes within 30 minutes of Hood that have great fishing. Lake Belton has great White Bass fishing and fair LM. Stillhouse Lake is one of the better LM fishing lakes in Central Texas, small but packed with huge fish. An average T on Stillhouse takes 20+ pounds to win.

GG

Winter fishing.....HA here in michigan the only winter fishing we get is through the ice and thats too colod for me to freeze my butt off on a little 5 gallon bucket.

Nice fish,

T.S.

Wow! My parents live in Mission I'm gonna have to visit one of these Christmas holidays.

I'd give anything to catch one like that.

fatrap

If you are going all the way down to Mission, fish Falcon Lake. Huge fish roam those waters. Make sure and get a Mexican Fishing Permit.

GG

Holy Basses Batman!!! WOW!!! That thing looks HUGE!!! And I thought my 4lber years ago was a big one!!!

Jealous with fish size envy!!

Nice Hawg. Especially nice to get one like that this late in the year.

Water temps here in the Carolina's is still in the low 60's to very high 50's. Just not been that cold as yet. They should be dropping, as we had a pretty good cold snap last weekend.

Tex

Back