Steve R or any other SW PA guys

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich D

Reaction score
Steve (or anyone else in SW PA),

Do you hunt? I haven't hunted small game in years and would like to get back into it a little this year, but no longer have any clue where to go. Mostly squirrel or bunny, but would shoot any pheasant or grouse that would cross my path. That bad thing, is that my knees are shot and I am seriously out of shape so the terrain would have to be easy at first. Any ideas on some good places?

Thanks,

Rich D

You are more than welcome to spend the afternoon drinking beer on my deck and eliminating as many of the 10,000 squi....er....tree rats....as you would like!!! The walnuts, beechnuts and hickory nut trees on my property are now being consumed. Let the carnage begin!!

TOXIC

Yeah, I got a bunch in my yard too. I got a hickory, my neighbor has a bunch of oaks. My wife won't let me shoot those ones though!

Rich D

Rich,

I do the squirrel thing once or twice a year. I go to a game lands area about 2 miles from house on RT 231 in claysville. Its hilly but I normally just walk in and sit...they come to me. I use a .22 so it may not scare them as much but I can normally kill all I want. Its the State game lands near Good Intent...

When I was a kid, my grandad you lived in Scenery Hill, PA used to take me and my brother out to "hunt" the squirrels. He bagged most of them, it was just practice for us. Now live on the other side of the country and the squirrels look like rats here...

I gave up hunting a few years back myself.I do live right in the middle of some prime areas though.I always have walked down to the corner,loaded up the gun and into the woods I go.

If you ever want to come down towards the Connellsville/Scottdale area let me know.I know of alot of state game lands I could take you to.Even though I don't hunt,I am always up for a stroll through the woods.

Steve

Geo and Steve,

Thanks for the replies. The gamelands by Burgettstown are fairly close to me, I just have to get familiar with the territory.

Steve, I may take you up on that one day.

Thanks!

Rich D

Rich,

If you want to travel a little to the east, I like to shoot at tree rats and anything else that I know someone else will eat. I hust small game in Huntingdon County for the most part and I can take you to a few places that the terrain is decent. In fact, we may be able to turn it into a Fall day of morning fishing and afternoon bass fishing at the Raystown.

Ya know..... It's not like I wanna spam this site or anything..... But.....

There's a new site out there: gunsandbullets.com

They've got a section titled "Hunting" and there are a couple of recent posts on squirrels.....

:)

me!

That sounds like a plan Brian. I will let you know come October. Of course the way the weather has been, it could be snowing then!

Rich D

Back