St. Clair

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corey Carrico

Reaction score
I am heading to St. Clair for the day on Friday the 17th and would appreciate any pointers and direction on the smallies you can give. I have never been on the lake but am fishing with a buddy who lives in the area and gets out on St. Clair on occasion. Just looking to make the most of the one day I have!

Next year I'll have to make a trip earlier when you guys are slamming them!

Should clarify not looking for all the secrets just some general guidance! Thanks

I will let you know after the weekend. lake is fishing funny right now. Darndest Spring/Early summer I have seen in my 20+ years fishing it.

Right now fish can be found from 2ft to 20 ft. That isnt that unsual for Clair, but the timing of everything is odd.

Plan on dropshots and tubes though. Maybe jerkbaits and crankbaits too. And the topwater bite is still holding its own when it gets calm. Lots of suspended fish right now and they can be tricky to catch without any structure around them for MILES.

Thanks Mini, much appreciated.

This cool weather has the timing on my local lakes way off this year as well.

I always carry my box of tubes with me anywhere on the Great Lakes!:lol:

Tip...use an oversized jighead inside to bulge out the head and look like a Goby:cool:

Greens,Browns and Smoke depending on the sun.

Tip for Tee's tip,....use a 1/4oz football head...THAT's a goby lookin' mofo in a tube!!;)

Better yet...use the BPS Tournament series "Goby" tubes...they're molded in a goby shape w/the bigger head & bugged out eyes,..and then you can use a regular tear drop shaped tube in'em!! I love those tubes!!

And don't forget the TOXIC made famous "Wong Rig"!!:p Well, Judy made it famous, I just made it public!!:lol: 1/4 oz. Gamakatsu football head jig capped with a 5 inch Senko. Color can change with the conditions. With the sun out they wanted the 297 color, when cloufy the wanted the Baby Bass. I caught 80% of my fish on that rig.

TOXIC

Tox,

That's because you fished it 99.8634% of the time!!! :lol:

HAHAH yep, you have to fish diffrent things to catch them on diffrent things HAHAHAHAHAHA

No need to fix what ain't broke!!:lol::lol: CIII, is a rattle trap freak....lemme guess what color.....Blue/Chrome maybe......and Ken keeps 5 bags of flukes in his pockets:lol::lol: Mac puts Yamamoto twin tailed grubs under his pillow at night!!:lol: So it ain't just me!! Mini throws everything in the boat at em'.

TOXIC

This past weekend I had 8 rods rigged on my deck. 2 tubes (different weights, for different depths), topwater, jerkbait, diving crankbait, lipless crankbait, dropshot and spinnerbait. Caught at least one fish on every rod....except the spinnerbait.

So yes I throw it all....caught most on the dropshot.

Just got back from a full days fishing. St. Clair is an experience! My 882 felt pretty small at times. We had a great day despite the threat of rain and lots of shifts in wind direction. The biggest smallie went 4.5lbs and all of them were fat and strong. I am definitly getting back as soon as I can. Thanks again for the pointers.

If they had more then 3 weeks of summer there, I think that place would be perfect HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

great fishing!!!

It was a surprise to need a jacket and pants when we launched and I was wearing insulated rain pants until noonish....what a strange summer.

Coldest June AND July (so far)on record,......Global warming my @#$~!!!:angry:

I am now blaming EVERYTHING on AL Gore

Yep....it's all the damn carbonation that has everything messed up.:lol:

carbonation and obamanation has it all in shambles.

Back