St Clair Everstart here I come! Long(er) than usual!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
Well, money is in for the Trenton MI/Detroit River Everstart. I should get confirmation of entry acceptance today or Monday. Mini, you fishing it? Hey Mike O, you want to car pool out there and split gas and drive time? For pre fishing we can take your boat one weekend, mine the next. If I can get someone to broker the deal I will get into the 896 soon, if not, I will pester Neeley to broker the deal for me to get into Mac's 901. If I sell mine out right, I will just get into the 896 and save the extra cash for entry fees and gas. Anyway, wish me luck everyone.

Last night I read the latest Bassmaster mag of the Sept tourney on the St Lawrence where Krieger won. He also won the Everstart Championship and took 2nd recently in something else. Anyhow, in the northeast you keep seeing the same names, Jimmmy Leuthner, Koby Krieger, Kevin Vida, Marcel Veenstra, Ton Dolin (won Champlain), Craig Powers, Dave Lefrebe (sp?) etc. Every 10 years or so, there is a "turnover" if you will in bass fishing and the next generation of super stars comes up to take the tour by storm from the reigning names. You had Bill Dance, Tom Mann, Roland Martin, and Hank Parker etc, then replaced by KVD, Jay Yelas, Dean Rojas etc. Now it's Wesley Strader, Pat Fisher, John Sappington and the guys mentioned above. You only really get one good shot and coming out blazing and on top with those select few that will make a big name for themselves and capture the attention of the industry. If you come to the party late, too bad, the guys already have the "pecking order" in place. This is just my perception. Anyhow, I really feel like this is my time. It's now or never and I have about 2 years of catching up to do. My wife is even considering going back to work to help keep steady income in the house. I see guys like Pat Fisher only winning but 1 tourney this year, but still making over $150k in earnings, Krieger over $150k in just 3 tourneys, probably over $200k for the year, Powers over $100k and he hasn't won one this year that I know of. I really think I can do this now. Prayers and support are greatly appreciated. I know the areas I need to work on so look for me to be fishing a lake near you soon, except west coast guys. Not going that far. Toxic, I will likely take you up on your offer. How does March sound? I will shoot down over night on a Friday and we can fish for the weekend and I will zoom back home Sunday night. Mac and Mini, you guys already know I'm coming out in June at least twice. Anyone in Ohio near Erie? I need some time out there for the August tourney. Anyway, sorry to post so long everyone, but I hope to make you all proud this year and make the cut in each tourney. My mistake last year was I kept "Big" fish fishing on day 2, all I needed was 1 more fish to make the cut. I should have ran in shallow with some 4" worms and boated 2 or 3 more keeper dinks and made it. I'm done now, thanks for being so supportive folks, and thanks to my mom, and wife who have been more supportive than I could ever ask.

Oh, I will also be fishing my first B.A.S.S. pro open tourney this year as well. It's all or nothing this year. And I have my towel man, he's a wife brow beaten Vermonter with a special stick (lol). He ain't much to look at, but he's good with a net and can back the boat in! We're still doing the LCI Buzz as long as it doesn't conflict with any big tourneys, and the NBS too. Need those grocery checks. LOL

Hey Rob,

You know you can count on me for anything...You get near Chicago let me know...

Greg, how far are you from Erie and OH? If I can get out on the water and not have to tow a boat all the way out, that would be ideal. That's why I'm hoping to ride in Mac's 519 to prefish! LOL Would save me a mess load of gas not towing a full boat all the way there and back twice before the tourney.

Rob, Just let me know, I'm all paid up myself.....

Erie... Sandusky, Ohio is about 400 miles from here... Possible, what is your schedule for there? I wouldn't mind fishing there so I would consider meeting you for a few days

Greg, I'll let you know. I'll be there after the July tourney in MI. Probably fish it 2 or 3 weekends. Might take Michelle there for our anniversary! LOL A nice romantic get away in a bass boat going 70 mph. Doesn't get much more romantic than that. The smell of Bang Garlic and anisoil on the air.

Here are the details for the MI tourney

July 23-26, 2003

Detroit River

Trenton, Michigan

Host:

Elizabeth Park/Wayne County Parks

200 Grosse Isle Parkway

Trenton, MI 48195

Phone: (734) 675-8051

Marina:

Elizabeth Park

200 Grosse Isle Parkway

Trenton, MI 48195

Phone: (734) 675-8051

July 22, 4-6 p.m.

Pre-tournament meeting: 6:30 p.m.

Gibraltar Carlson High School

30550 West Jefferson St.

Gibraltar, MI 48173

Phone: (734) 379-9617

Housing:

Best Western

21700 West Road

Wood Haven, MI 48183

Phone: (734) 676-8000

Wal-Mart

7555 Telegraph Road

Taylor, MI

If anyone has a bed and outlet to plug my rig into, I would really appreciate it, to save a few bucks. The invite is always open on Champlain. Mike, you are welcome to crash at my place for that tourney. I'm only 10 minutes from the ramp, you can ride in with me since you're going as a co-angler. Save you room and board. You don't get much time anyway, just eat and respool, etc, and sleep.

Rob,

I doubt I will be fishing the Everstarts but you never know. If not I will help you out with the St Clair and Erie tourneys. I have two on Sandusky Bay in May, but I know where the hogs are in August. You may have to fish within sight of Clapper....and if you dont know who he is, just check his profile on FLW Outdoors.....

Sandusky Bay is a great time for the family Rob. Cedar Point Amusement Park is located right there....as a matter of fact you can catch some real toads right off that pont in the right wind WHILE watching the roller coasters.

Email me more as it gets closer and I will be able to insure you have fish to go to. I live about 45 minutes (@ 4:30am) from Elizabeth Park, so I dont think that will help you much. The St Clair tourney might be a different story.....I am about 15 minutes from Metro Beach.

Mini

Sweet, you da man, or VP Mini. I probably will take the family along since I'll be there a week. Michelle likes to go to my weigh-ins.

Back