Spark plugs

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Brone

Reaction score
Help!!

I'm going to (try) changing the plug wires on my "99 Dodge Ram van, 1500 5.9

Where are they? Can they be changed from under the hood or is there a special way of getting to them?

Thanks

The better question is does it have them. don't you have a diesel. If not I bet you wish you did. you could go fishin instead of working on the van. Have a good weekend. TODD

No diesel Todd. But no fishing this weekend either way. Work tomorrow and you know what on Sunday.

I'm just used to opening the hood and looking right at everything. I can't see crap under this hood.

WORK on saturday, And spend Sunday with the wife and kids. BUT what about the fish. TODD

I havn't worked on any of the newer vans, but I had both a mid 80's Dodge 1/2 ton van and a mid 80's Chevy 1/2 ton van. Both of them were much easier to work on after taking off the "dog house" inside - the center console came out by unbolting two bottom bolts and then two top latches on the inside of the truck and then removing the whole "dog house". Then I just sat in the drivers / passengers seat and changed the plugs / carburator / plug wires / distributer, etc.... MUCH easier.

Hope this helps.

P-A-T-929

Cool purp"""""

Yeah sorry Todd. No fishy this weekend. I just got done wiring up my new trolling motor batteries. I'm itchin' to go put a load on them though.

Back