SoSPenders check

• Thread starter Carlos Hathcock III
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlos Hathcock III

Reaction score
Well,

After reading all about the mishaps that have been ahppening to the members of this board. I decided to do a safety check and do the annual replacement of the Auto inflator parts and the CO2 cartridge on my SoSPenders.

I had the new parts and was being smart to the wife and said WATCH THIS and pulled the string. Well, NOTHING HAPPENED!!!! I am very very lucky that I was in the front yard and not in the water in my wet weather gear. Seems that somewhere or sometime the old CO2 Cartridge backed out!!!! So, if you all have SoSpenders, you may want to look and make sure that the cartridge has not backed out of the threads on you.

Carlos

A life saver not working in the back yard is like breaking down in front of an auto parts store.. If it's going to happen then thank God it happened there.

BF

Wow...great tip Carlos thanks!! I just lent my SoSpenders to Marke to use this weekend......check the cylinder Marke!!! LOL

Mac

Mine work very well...

I ahve had one "auto-inflate" at the car wash... just right...spray goes under/through a little hole in the cap on the truck and I see a big "yeller-thing" laying back there...

Another, from the humidity under the cover while towing back home in the bright sun after it rained all morning... It was like a steam bath in there and another big "yeller-thing" laying behind the seat it flew off of...

Yeah, I'll check it Mac. You watch, I'll probably do something stupid and end up inflating it....LOL

Marke, you gonna do that little "dance" on the bow again this weekend? If so, I'm glad you'll have Mac's sospenders!

Craig

Hey Guys -- Any good deals on this type of PFD.?

Is one brand better then another??

Thanks HaleDamage

BPS web site shows the SOSPENDERS as $20 off regular price of $139.99. You might check it out.

Glenn

Hale,

I do not know of any other brands. I bought mine a while back and have not worn the other kind since!!!!

Carlos

You may want to out west marine. They have been running some sales on materials for boaters and anglers. I think they also have a web site.

Carlos / Hale

Stearns now makes and inflateble PFD also. They are in the 2003 BPS catalog. I haven't seen them up close myself but I would probably still buy the SOSpenders Brand though. My life is worth more than saving a few bucks on a "knock-off".

Mac,

Yours was unscrewed a little too. If the CO2 cyclinder had been puntured it would have all just leaked out and not inflated. I was backed off almost a full turn.

This is definitely something that should be checked once at the begining of every outing. It takes two seconds to make sure the CO2 cartridge is screwed in all the way.

Marke

Marke,..thanks for checking dude!! I'll be more "aware" of that from now on!! (Rub a little mojo on that bad boy will ya?!)..LOL

Tox is right about the Crappie Slime.....LOL

Mini did that picture come out?? I was wearing Mac's XPS bibs and there was a perfect Crappie silouhette on my chest. I felt like Batman.

I won't wash them before I return them...LOL

Back