Soft Plastics

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YUM, crawdad green pumpkin

Slugo, 4" blk/gld fleck

Baby brush hog, greeen pumpkin

Super fluke, white

Culprit worm, red shad.

senko, evry color made.

GregD

Where's TOXIC when you need him?

Senko (or the BPS Stick-O version) in watermellon/red flake fished unweighted and hooked through the nose.
StickO%20watermelon%20candy.jpg

I'll bet alot of people say Senko....so I will dare to be different.

Berkley 7" bungee tail worms black or pumpkin. I have caught more bass on these than any other plastic.

Lake Fork garlic craw tubes watermelon

ZOOM Watermelon trick worm tied to a C-rig, used as a floating worm or Texas rigged.

I'll be diferent too.

1) Yamamato Hula Grubs - All colors 5" & 6"

2) Berkley 7" Ribbontail Powerworms - (MotorOil & Tequila Sunrise)

3) Senko's all colors

5" SENKO or Kinami Flash

-Junebug

-Black w/blue flake

-Smoke w/black & purple flake

-Watermelon with black flake

Did I mention my favorite soft plastic is a Senko.....rigged on 3/0 Mustad Big Mouth Tube Bait Hook fished on 12 or 15 lb Berkly Big Game - low vis green. On a 7 foot Shimano Calius ( spellcheck ) med / heavy w/ a Diawa TDX Baitcaster.

What I want to add to my favorites for 2005.

1) Robo worms

2) Worminator

3) Mega Bait's ( Goggle Eye)

4) Yado's or Yodo's (I forget)

I'm gonna dropshot even if it kills me.

My all time favorite, Mann's Shad-o. Think of a fluke that's kind of squished and you hook it on it's side and just let it sink with just a twitch every now and then. I've still got a few left that are at least 10 years old but I won't fish them because you can't get them anymore. I'm thinking about re-inventing them and become a millionare.

Harpo

Hmmm...

Yamamoto Custom Baits - Kut Tails, Grubs, Tubes, Senkos, Craws, DT Hula Grubs

Reaction Innovations - Beaver, Flirt, Big Unit

Case Plastics - Sinkin Salty Minnow

Zoom - Fluke

RoboWorms - Good Worms and Leaches

Net Bait - the Paca Craw, Baby Paca Craw and Paca Chunk.

Remember, it's a tool... use what you have confidence. Colors? Lights, Darks and In-betweens. (cant go wrong with a watermelon red in you case)

Case Plastics-tubes,Magic Stiks,Big Stiks,Salty sinkin shad

Schuberts-tubes

Reaction Innovations-smallie beaver

More times than not, either a Mag II or Trick worm - green pumpkin, from Zoom.

Others: Brush Hog (both sizes in grn pumpkin), fluke/super fluke (wht or wht/cht), Strike King flipping tube.

Tex

Now that Dave helped me find my long lost Shadow I can continue my list. About 80% of the time I'm fishing a tube. I prefer the tubes made by Rite Bite Tubes in Ark. I think. I usually use a Lindy weight with or without a rattle depending on water clarity. I also like the Twin Tail Hula Grubs, Big Ikas and Fat Ikas from Yamamoto. I also fish worms and prefer Zoom or Culprit, don't like Berkley Power worms at all because they are too crumbly. I have had luck with the Berkley Bungee Tail, especially in motoroil color. I don't fish craws or lizards very much but I have had fun with the floating Cyberflex craws. If you don't peg the weight you can make the craw will float up and then pull it back for an interesting look to the bass.

As with everything there is no one certain bait for every situation but if were limited to only one it would have to be a tube. You can fish them deep on a C-rig or shallow on a Texas rig. You can use a bullet weight to imitate a crawdad or an internal weight to give it more of a swimming action like a small shad or bluegill.

Harpo

Which ever one is in the bass's mouth at the time!!!

Gene

most confidence - Zoom baby brush hog in watermelon candy with tips dyed chartruese

favorite - pearl sluggo - love the action, hate the missed fish

It's funny about differant opinions on baits. I have drug Zoom Brush Hogs through every submerged tree in Oklahoma and haven't caught a dang thing. Another friend of mine swears by them. I do like Slug-o's though. The bass dont' see them as much as they used to.

Harpo

Harpo,

drop shot those baby brush hogs. 8" tag end. use green pumpkin. it is my go to when all else is off.

GregD

Thanks for the tip Greg, I'll give that a try. I bought all the stuff for dropshotting last year but so far haven't tried it. Most of our lake around here aren't really clear enough to dropshop but a few are so I will try. I usually T-rig them and pitch them around submerged cover.

Harpo

Zoom

baby brush hog

trick worm

finesse

june bug

red bug

Bass Assasin

u-tails or what ever their called

june bug blue tail

blk / blue

Whatever they happen to be eating that day.....

Kalin Grubs, 5" in the flavor of choice!!!!

Back