So Many Choices

• Thread starter Christopher Laurencio
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christopher Laurencio

Reaction score
Mac / JR, or others,

R93, is that a good model? Seems to be the same weight as the 492vs.

R93

492vs

I dunno anymore :wacko:

Any info appreciated.

Chris

Chris - Just a question, since Snowman asked me a similar one a year ago...

I know you've looked at a few other brands, but why the focus on Ranger?

Just an honest question... Stratos, Skeeter, ChampioN, triton and others are good brands too, not to mention Nitro!

why are you dead set on a Ranger they are no better than any other boat out there find best deal you can

JD

JD, I have not ruled out your Nitro, it's a sweet boat.

Why Ranger?

I'm always in a 522, nothing compares to it (based on my experiences)

Many members in my club have late 1980's Rangers, awesome quality. No stress cracks, original gelcoat.

I have talked in the last few days to the Ranger (Corp. Hdqtrs. / Cust. Srvc) about there late model 1990's boats, specs, ratings, warranties, etc. they even did a search on a specific HIN# for history of boat.

They make me feel warm & fuzzy.

I actually may keep my Tracker and buy an older Ranger to restore/use on bigger waters.

CJL,...I only know of a couple people here who have the "R" series boats...and they mainly fish the inland lakes. Most all Ranger owners who fish the BIG water prefer the 19-22ftr's.

There is NO Comparison to Ranger's Customer Service though....it's legendary and that, along with their quality and resale is worth a few extra $$$.

JD,.."No better than any other boat out there!"...I can think of a few anyway!!..LOL

Mac, I thought the "R" series was smaller as well, but the R93 is 19'8", 90" beam. Was wondering if the "R" series was something other than a pure bass boat?

I gonna have someone take pictures of me the first time I try and load that 492vs on the trailer with just the front TM, LOL. Gonna have to get used to that, Damm electric lakes :angry:

One of the best ever made and they are still hoding there value..Any come In they are gone the same day......Great Boat..... R series Is a bass boat but has the look of a fish and ski they hold there value so well It's unbelievable 518 Is a good boat but I would take the R....Just my opinion...JR

Let's see, Chris is buying a new boat but is not sure what kind and is asking everyone all kinds of questions so he doesn't make the wrong choice but dares to NOT say good mornin' in the Good Mornin' thread, thereby almost certainly cursing his decision??? Oh well, it's not going to be my new boat.:p

Bill

Bill, I don't even say GM to my wife half the time LOL.

Besides:

1) That curse don't work north of the Mason Dixon Line

2) The sparkly boat will deflect any curses

3) You can't curse me cause then if yo ever get up here to fish it will be a wasted trip

4) Senkos work even when cursed

5) I had my tonsils removed

6) If I eat White Castles with ME!, I will be cursed already.

CJL

Oh BTW, ME, now I know why you like to shoot Ground hogs, White Castle HUH, are you on a barter system with them? You give them meat, they cook it for you. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::cool:

I had white castles yesterday and I am still sick those Gut Bmbs are killers but damm there good......

No CJL I don't work at all...My friend owns a ranger dealership...I am there most everyday.......Best Built boat there Is (except for storm ))))

Everyone has opinio0ns on boats..I have been In all ,,see all,, and ridden In most.....I prefer Ranger because of how they treat there customers...I am sure some dealers are pricks but on the whole they are prettty good because If your selling 50.000 dollar boats for a living and paying mechanics and others you better have a good product and back It up..It's not like the car business where people have to buy alot...Boats are seasonal and unless you have something a person wants and take great care of them they will go to another brand of boat.Ranger does that....Cost more but well worth IT :D.Believe me the R series Is a great boat........JR Shoot Everything:wacko:

I didn't like the console spacing and the front deck was a little narrower. The whole boat just seemed narrow because of the side rails.

By the way the 518 is a commanche and It has all the goodies.. the r series Is a sport bass boat thats why they look different....I like the R series...

I was under the impression the R series was not as well equipt as the 5 series so they are sold cheaper Ive got a 929 but if I was buying new I would buy a Charger because of the rough water I have to fight Ihave been in every boat I think they make fishing as anonboater my next door neighbor is on Ranger pro staff gets new boat every year Ive fished many tourn. with him and I would compare the ride the same as my 929 they are slower than alot of other boats namely Triton Champion Bass Cat Skeeter Viper and others but we have a better ride but not as good as Charger and when your bones are as old as mine ride counts more than speed

JD

yes JD your right 5 series Is loaded..Resale Is better on the R series because It's a sport boat..For stictly fishing the 518 would be better,,,,,,Hope this helps...JR I have the 619 and It beats all the rangers..My next one will be 23 footer with a 300:p

Ok, Ok, now how do I deal with this? :)

"1) That curse don't work north of the Mason Dixon Line"

Yes it does, yes it does...

"2) The sparkly boat will deflect any curses"

When I had my Harley we had a saying, "chrome don't get you home"..

"3) You can't curse me cause then if yo ever get up here to fish it will be a wasted trip"

Nope, I'll just catch all the fish and you'll be going, "why, why didn't I listen."

"4) Senkos work even when cursed"

Hmmm, hard to find an answer to that one..

"5) I had my tonsils removed"

No, no, no, that WAS testicles!

"6) If I eat White Castles with ME!, I will be cursed already. "

In the midwest I think they're called "Sliders". Around my area they were Little Tavern

burgers and geeezzz do I luv em.

Bill

Bill there called Gut Bombs you:D eat them and wait for the explosion to occure..And It will for the next 3 days........

Bill - In Indianapolis we also called them "Sliders"!

Growing up I HATED onions, so always had to ask w/out onions. Now I LOVE Onions!! So when i'm in a White Castle area I slam them down! Here the closest we have Chrystals which are very similar. MMMMM

On one of my trips to Cincinnatti I tried a couple of White Castles and I'm sorry to say I don't see what all the hoopla is about. Not quite as good as McDonalds basic hamburger. You guys come on down here to Oklahoma and I'll take you to Johnnie's...1/3 of charcoal broiled ground beef ...I like mine with chili and cheese with onion rings so good you'll slap your mama.

Harpo

My post was highjacked! Just kidding, thanks for the repsonses.

In any event we call them Murder Burgers in NJ

LOL @ Bill Barham #5, never got fixed! YET that is :cool:

Scooby - My bad, you're right!!

So FireScooby, When are we getting you, me, Rich, Dan and others out on Lanier?? OR over to Allatoona?

R93 is a great model. It's the same hull as mine, only a foot longer and takes 200 hp. They are stable and run in the high 60's. With a jack plate it should hit 70 mph on a gps. The layout is great and they are built strong.

Trep,

I'd love to have a "mini tin tourney". I've never been on Allatoona, that'd be great.

Lanier is just about off limits right now, especially on the weekends. I've never been more than a couple miles south of Gainesville Marina, always stay on the north end.

Back