Small town service

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Stern

Reaction score
My pontoon boat needs to go in for service on the Merc 60 four stroke. Went to the trailer storage yard, brought my air compressor along to inflate the tires, expecting them to be low. Tires looked ok. Turned the valve stem cap, and the entire stem came off in my hand. Hisssssssss. Rotted. Same result on the other side.

Figuring the day was shot, turned my attention to getting the tires to a shop for repair. Got 'em off the trailer, into the truck, and off to downtown Lavonia, Georgia, population 1,827. Tire repair shop is on main street. Pull into the lot. Guy standing at the garage door asks if he can help me. Tell him my problem. The guy runs over to my truck, unloads the tires, and within 60 seconds of my arriving, the tires are on side-by-side machines with two men working on them.

Elapsed time for repaired tires to be back in my truck: Less than seven minutes. $10 total repair bill. I gave them an extra $5 each for the fast service.

Had my repaired tires back on the trailer within an hour of finding the problem. How often does that happen? If you are ever in this part of the world and need tires or tire repairs, Lavonia Tire is the right place to go.

Pontoon boat delivered to the dealership for service before closing time.

You have to love small town service. But it's not just in the small towns, but it is hard to find and should be rewarded with your bussiness (not just you but everybody) When you find service like that use it, spread the word. There are still lots and lots of hard working small Mom and Pop type operations around that are giving up because they can't compete with the big box stores. Nope they can't always match there prices, but how do you put a price on service like that? Had they been real busy you might have had to wait a little while longer, but I would bet they would have fit you in between something else on the schedule. It probably took longer to load and unload the tires than it did to replace the valve stems.

Thanks For posting

BF

Rich

I have a tire shop in the next town from me. I can pull in tell them which tire I have a flat on and by the tire I've paid for fixing it they have it patched and are putting it on the rim. Quite a few years ago I was going fishing with a friend in his rig when his Jeep blew a tire. We were close to the same shop but it was on a Sunday. Called him up and he opened the shop, sold my friend a new tire and mounted it. We were on our way and still caught part of the morning bite.

fatrap

Mike G

Back