Ski/Tubing on bass boats

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Castineira

Reaction score
Board has been kind of quite lately so here goes: So TOXIC's post the other day about towing the kids behind his nitro on a tube actually got me thinking, how many of us actually do it. Many might not partake in this act on our "bass" boats, I never have but I have been tossing the idea around lately. So who does what with what rigs.

Thanks, CHRIS CAS

I have a ski pylon that I can mount on my 901. I have ony used it for tubeing. Lots of fun but you can sure burn up alot of fuel. Chris F.

A few years ago, when I had the Sprint 200FS, I used the pylon. On the occassions where I use my 16' Fisher for towing a toy, I use a harness. It works perfectly well.

Did it for my kids with a bass boat no problem when they were younger. Just used the 2 eyes for the trailer tiedowns as it was only occasionally done.

I have been pulling my kids for years, first with my Tracker 175 with the floating tow bridle in the tube, and now like Chris F I have a SwivelEze pylon and Eli is getting quite good at Knee boarding, and both the kids and their friends get pulled in the tube.

The only thing I found with the Pylong is it does eat up a good amount of the rear deck, so I take my front seat out and all rods in the locker and strap the tube/knee board and portable ladder down on the front deck when running down the lake.

Trep

My old Nitro pulled many a skier and tuber I did spin the prop out one. Helps to have a spare.

fatrap

Latest posts

Back