Scents?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Shenton

Reaction score
What kind of scents do you all use. Do bass really like garlic? What experiences have you all had?

Smallies are italian. Didn't anyone tell you? Garlic is big up here along with anisoil.

I use Smelly Jelly and some Bang spray. I got some of that maga strike i wan tto try this year. I feel that sometimes when bass are finiky they will hit a lure with scent better. Fro sure they do hold it longer sometimes if it has some scent on it. Some days you dont need any, it jsut depends on the conditions.

If you want garlic, get the Chompers spray...

WOW is it strong...

az

I really suggest you purchase the book called "Knowing Bass" - it covers in detail reactions to various scents/flavors...

David

Whatever you do....don't use that scent Toxic puts out! Man, that will put fish in the boat sure. DEAD fish! LOL

A new product is being used by my club called Poor Boyz,many different sents.Does it work,the same non boater has finished in first for the past two years using the stuff and didnt't tell anyone about it cause he was doing r&d for the guy who makes the stuff.One of the feredation team members was having a poor day at the state fish offs on Winni till his second day partner was the non boater from our club.he used Poor Boyz and made the state team

I'm a pretty big believer in Kick 'N Bass (garlic). As you well know, nothing in fishing is constant BUT I have had several occasions when I wasn't catching a thing...squirted some KNB on and caught a bass on the next cast or two. I've had other occasions when a barrel of the stuff wouldn't help.

Does it help? I don't know for sure but I am sure it doesn't hurt.

Harpo

Back