Rod Strap on Nitro 640

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Toth

Reaction score
Has anyone put one of those elastic rod straps that hold your rods on the front deck their nitro 640.... looks like there is not enough room

I have a 640 and have one rod bungie strap on the front side that has no console. I keep 4 rods there. I then fish fro the console side of the boat so I dont step on the rods. Works well for me.

Dan

My boat isn't a 640, but is a 170TF (smaller boat like yours). I had one of the rubber bungie cord type straps on mine until it broke. I put one of the holders on the top of the rod locker close to the side of the boat and the other holder on the front lip of the dry storage compartment (put it there so I wouldn't step on it). When the rubber cord broke, I just replaced it with a regular bungie cord and have had it on there for right at 4 years now (the original strap only lasted 2 years)

On my 640 I put the strap so the reels of my rods are against the storage locker and the strap goes over the rod handles. I can put three rods there and they are not where they will get stepped on. When traveling this allows the buddy strap to hold the rod tips.

Latest posts

Back