Rod & reel deals at BPS

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gene B

Reaction score
I've been buying Shimano Stradic and Curado/XPS Extreme rod combo's at BPS for a few years now( I have 4 of each). Now that the curado has changed do they have a baitcaster/XPS extreme combo at the sale? I'm trying to decide if I want to buy a Curado at Gander Mountain and get an XPS rod at BPS. Also are the XPS rods even on sale for around $70 like they have been in the past? I want to give Mac something to do this Saturday.;)

Gene

I beleive that the Castaic is paired with an extreme rod. Also the Stradic Extreme combo.

Yes Extreme rods will be in sale.

You can see the flier on the Bass Pro Shops Detroit Store website.

Mini

Yeah,...the flyer with MY pix in it and Mini's ISN'T!!

!BBWWAaahhhhhhhhhhhaaaaa

Gene,

They have the XPS Rick Clunn rod paired with the RC reel for $124.98. I've never used that rod, but love the reel.Also have the extreme rod/reel combo for $109.98. And, the shimano Cruxis reel paired with a bionic blade for $119.98. Hope this helps.

Craig

Thanx Craig, it was the Cruxis reel Extreme rod combo I was thinking of. The Clunn rod is one of my favorite BPS rods.....

Mini

Ok Mac....rub it in....I was in the catalog LAST year....I guess I need to re-evaluate my position within the company....lol

Mini

Naw,...you just need to send in your Pro-Staff contract WAY before the catalog print deadline!! LOL

Is the detroit store flyer different than the one I got in the mail?

Gene

I've sent them a bunch of pix's....why do they always use the WORST one??...LOL:wacko:

Mini's doin a seminar on SLIP BOBBERS?!?!?!?!?!BWHAAAAAAAA!!!You use red or yellow?:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Unless Mac grew hair and looks a lot like RC, I didn't see his pic?

TOXIC

#@!@# PLEASE!!!!....Put the crack pipe down Tox,...it's right on the front page!! LOL:blink:

I thought Mini was doing a seminar at hooters, but he was slipping something else to the ladies!!!

Actually, Mini is an expert in the use of slip bobbers. Just ask him to show some of those crappie pics.

Hey John, when to those tasty morsels start hitting in the spring?

Craig

In a few weeks....

Hopefully I will be able to get on them this year. Havent had the chance in the spring the past couple of years.......LOTS of fun.

Slip bobber, 4 pound test, 5 foot rod, Bailey's Magnet and an 1/8oz jighead. TONS of crappie, blugill and even LMB. I have caught them over 4 pounds on that little rod with a slip bobber.

Tox, you didnt like to drop shot either.....careful what you say man......:)

Mini

Mini , I see you purposely left out one or two vital elements that you use to fish for Crappie .... very shrewed my friend hahaha........Your secrets are save I say save with me.

Just tell them the basics and let them figure out the rest for themselves . I like it........Ilike it alot HE,HE,HE,HE,HAHAHAHA....HA.......ha

MARK:D

Back