Recirculator shot..........

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike mcerlain

Reaction score
Hey guys, noticed yesturday that my recirculator pump is no longer working. I have a tourney this sat at Hopatcong and do not have time to replace it. My question is, will a couple of those bubble boxes from dicks do the trick for this one tourney?? The ones you put batteries in and just put them in the live well. Cant think of anything else to do. Think I am going to have to remove my gas tank to get to it. Not a fun job.

Mike, you shouldnt have to yank the tank to get to the recirc pump. On my 882 i had to remove the wihte plate that the oil talk sits on and it was right under there on a bracket kinda half under the tank. It threads onto the three way valve that controls the drain/recirc function. I removed the hoses and control cable from the valve then removed the whole valve/pump assy. Swapped pumps and replaced everything as it came apart.

When i did mine i also upgraded to a 750gph pump and got one with a replacable pump cartridge ( i got a mayfair) so i dont ever have to take it apart again :)

It is a pain in the arse but you can do it with the tank in place.

Just dont yank on the hose that goes from the valve to the livewell or you will end up haveing to move the tank.

Back